Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fragment list changes not taking effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment list changes not taking effect?

This isn't a problem with fragment changes but with changes with the fragment list layout (creation of new one).
    Basically I needed my home page list to format <tr> rows diferently to other brochure pages.

I created a new list and a new way of formatting the rows (it should work perfectly well if it is given a chance).

It is being offered as an option in all the layout tabs.

I have selected it in numerous levels, sitewide, home page and brochure page layouts. It even appears as if has been selected but on inspection in the design tree or layout code view it is still defaulting to an older list layout.

Any thoughts anyone? It makes no sense to me and I can't help thinking it it a v8 bug

regards
    and Merry Christmas
    Bangers
    Boxhedge New Media Design
    Design and development solutions for SME's.
    Tel: 0118 966 2786
    Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

You need to check the layout selector that is inserting the fragment list into the page. It could be that it is a 'fixed layout' that is hard-coded to always insert a certain layout into the design.

To do this, click within the fragment list, and then keep clicking the 'Navigation to Part Layout' button (yellow spiral with up arrow) until you you find yourself in the layout which is probably called 'Standard Brochure Page Bulk'.

Check the pink layout selector that is inserting the fragment list. It should be some pink text that says 'BrochureFragmentList'. If it says anything else, right-click on it, select 'Edit Appearance' and set 'Use Fixed Layout' to 'No'. That should do it.

Comment

you got it.
      Rule number 1 "when designing a new site always return design to factory settings then begin editing" much easier then finding old updates from previous site or versions of Actinic,
      regards
      Bangers
      Boxhedge New Media Design
      Design and development solutions for SME's.
      Tel: 0118 966 2786
      Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

Comment

Working...
      X