Invalid produts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid produts

This is a nice easy one for someone please. Easy that is if you Know where to look :-)

I have set up a dummy product with two attributes - size and colour. Some combinations aren't available eg a size 10 boot in Pink. I have unticked the box "valid" on the permutations tab for such combinations. When someone tries to select this it gives an error message relating to Cookies etc. I assume it is in th Design |Text area but which section. Also is there anywhere that explains what all those various linkages for errors and warnings are please.

Thanks

It won't be easy until you post an URL so we can see it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry,

Site is www.sussexscuba.co.uk o to fins and try to buy Imprex Tri-ex large Pink

Thanks

Comment

You have done a really good job of hiding the shop link on that page....

Finally found it and added a red medium imprex tri-ex - no problem. Went for the default black x-small - standard [not used] message came up, tried the pink large and the page hung.

Did you add the pink colour after filling the permutations? I.E. is it even in the permutations at all?

Also noticed there is a leading space in the ' yellow' choice.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Ok what seems to happem is when you make a the first invalid choice. Say XSmall Black you get a message relating to cookies. Everey other illegal choice, (including Xsmall Black again) you get the Not used message. The quuestion is two fold ehy two messages for the same error, how can I correct it and where is there a list of all these so I can personalise or amend. I know they are all listed in in the text area but it is hard to find what you want and which ones it is safe to amend

Thanks again

Comment

Derek,

I tried again, and this time the pink large gave me the not used message first off. Second add of the same pink large gave the cookies not allowed error, third add of pink large went back to not used - no consistency at all.

I would try a change of script number followed by a purge and refresh to see if this resolves the problem.

If it does not, then I would ask the host how much time they allow for script processing and see if they can extend that a little - insufficient processing time could result in this sort of error.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Derek,

Okay looking at this problem, if I go to your website and add in "Imprex Tri-Ex", with the choice - "Pink" and "Large", then I get the message:

We are sorry, the combination you selected cannot be ordered, please select again...
              However I do not get the cookie error at all. Adding the "Med" sizes also works for me

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. If you read the posting from Bill you will notice that the message is almost random, and you cannot forecast what results you will get. Could I requet that you have another look please

Thanks very much

Comment

Hi,

I have been able to recreate the cookie error when adding the Large, Pink product to the basket. After clicking back to the product the next time I add that combination I get the correct message displayed.

I have searched to see if we have had this problem reported before and it looks like one other person has. We got that customers snapshot and uploaded it to various servers here but could not recreate the problem. We asked that customer to check with their host to see if they had a firewall or content filter on the server but never got a response back from them. It may be worth checking this with your host.

Alternatively, you could raise a support query here so we can get your snapshot to test in case it is a different problem.

One other thing to try is to set up a privacy policy as this sometimes stops cookie errors from displaying. Do that in 'Settings | Business Settings | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy tab and then update your site.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks tracey. I have logged a serice call as you suggest. I have also looke dat the privacy issue you refer to and I already have the basic one set up. I am not familiar with anything else on that page and am reluctant to change it as i don't know how to and it may make it worse

Thanks

Comment

Message for Bill,

Thanks for your help with this. It was a bug ion the system and Actinic have now sorted this

Comment

Hi,

Just for the record, the workaround for this was:

- browse to 'c:\program files\actinic v8\sites\site1
                        - take a backup of 'Actinic.pm'
                        - then open the file in a text editor such as notepad
                        - search for 'sub PrintPage'
                        - scroll down about 17 lines, you should see the line...

my ($sHTML, $sCookie, $bNoCacheFlag, $sContactDetailsCookie, $bSkipXMLParsing, $sCartCookie) = @_;

- immediately after the above line insert...

$sCookie = $::Session->GetSessionID();

- save and exit the file and update your site.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Cookie's error

Hi,

was searching the forum for this error and found this thread. I hope it's still live.

I'm getting a simular error. When first I add an invalid or out of stock product to my cart I sometimes get the same Cookies error. If I then try again I get the correct "Out of Stock" message. I sometimes get the same error when when I add a valid product, but only happened a few times.
                          I have reset IE7 to default security levels etc and cookies seem to work fine after that first error message.
                          Now this in itself is not important it might be a setting on my IE etc but I have had a few customers contact me recently saying the same thing about cookies errors. Again it could be just their local security issues but it has me a little concerned that there might be a more important problem with my site.

Any suggestions / comments?

Matt
                          Matthew Wildeman
                          www.bigmatts.com
                          2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Mat,

What exact version of 8 are you on? Have you tried the workaround Tracey has posted?

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

just thought i'd let you all know, that sussex scuba, is an anagram of:

cuss a sex bus.

...sorry, couldnt help myself

Comment

Working...
                              X