Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Pages issues

Hi Guys,

We in the process moving from V7 to V8, in this process we reviewed our site (current site http://www.organicplants.co.uk/).

It felt that the index page was not really intergrated with the online shop, to gain a better feel between the two and extending some of the options like new products or best selling lists; we thought we should use the brochure pages to do this.

So having a play and getting use to V8, a lot to learn there, we imported the online shop from V7 using the snapshot and using clean templates started again.

I have set up a few brochure pages but want I wanted to do is to add more but section below (like in the shop have the top sections and have sub sections below). So along the top key sections About us, About our plants, News, Tool Shed, etc.. Using the fragments I can add the content I want, however, below say Tool Shed I want other pages but do not get listed on the top section.

Is this possible or do I have go outside Actinic to do this, at the ,o,emt what I ahve read I feel it may not be possible.

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Test which is very rough is found at http://www.organicplants.co.uk/acata...Nurseries.html where I am also having problems with random images that getting them to work not that random images just turn up!

Thanks Mash
    Mash

Right click on a brochure page in the content tree, but instead of choosing new fragment, choose New Brochure Page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi, I have not explained my point very well, apologise for that, I see how to add these pages, when I add pages I want them to appear underneath is a structure so of way. I am not helping my cause here. OK I will try to explain

I have my home and online shop

Associated with home page there are 5 top level pages including the shop being About Us | About our plants | Tool Shed | Our News | Products which takes you to the shop.

They have been all set up, what I would like to do on a sub level so to speak say with Tool Shed add pages associated with that top level page like Delivery | planting Guides | Ask the expert | etc.

However I do not want these lower order pages to appear in the Naviagtion bar below the banner I just want to see the top order pages, that is why i mentioned sections and sub sections in the shop, I am seeing the brochure pages like that.

Hopefully I have made my case better this time any thoughts will be graetfully received.
      Kind regards Mash
      Mash

Comment

I think I know what you mean - by default actinic will add every brochure page to the navigation. To get the effect you want ie submenus from each top level page you will need to create an outerlayer for each top level page into which you hard code the sub page navigation. Actinic will amintain the main menu and you will need to keep the others updated by hand.

Others may have a better idea

Comment

OK I was hoping that would not be the answer but equally new it was the case, easy of adjustment wanted it to happen with in Actinic.

If I set up say the Tool Shed page and then upload it and then copy the source will give me the starting page to work the lower pages from, is that a good or a bad plan!

M
          Mash

Comment

Working...
          X