variables headertext

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

variables headertext

are the variables headertext and footertext available to be changed in catalog client.

I want to have a message that the client can change at will. See the Xmas message on surf-wax.co.uk/acatalog/index.html for an example. I needthe message at the top of every page

Hi Jo,

Just testing it over here, and fraid I can't see a way of doing this in Catalog Client. You can do it in Catalog, just not the client version.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Can this be added to the wish list as it is a very usefull feature to have in the client vesion - I think I highlighted it back in August.

Comment

Jo.
        Can you create a customVariable (two of them - header and footer) and make that available at Section Level. ?

then modify the template so that they can set the CustomVar at each section level.

Inheriting the parent will make sure that he only needs to set it once.
        It may not help now if the release has gone to the customer, but may help future clients.

You control the initial creation of the CustomVar but the client would be in charge of the actuall setting.

Simple css styles can make them more readable to the end user.
        I've also come across a bug (recent posting) that does not show the new customVars - you may need to look this one up.

Comment

Working...
        X