checkboxes - options within products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checkboxes - options within products

I want to create a product with optional extras and have each optional extra appear as a tickbox (checkbox) within the purchase part of the layout.

the main product would have a price associated with it, and all optional extras would, I assume, be products in their own rights, each with an additional price cost.

I can create dropdowns, but I don't want those.

I also need EACH entry selected to be entered as a single entry within the cart.

if I use this method for a particular product, then it would almost 100% certainly end up as a single product item within a single section. (so I can use the single click-botton on the page if required.)

Iv'e search v8 forum for "options, checkboxes, checkbox, optional" etc, but can't find anything.

I'm quite proficient at creating layouts, so if its butchering some existing ones to get the layout required, then no probs, I just need ot ahve some guidelines.

any help/guidance would be appreciated

Is it something like this that you want to do - http://www.birminghammodelcentre.co....TruckKits.html

Comment

yup. - thats exactly it, and I also like the idea of being able to click on the section to see all the other bits in more details.

Looking at the source code, the options are not individual products on the main page, they must be options and when you go into detail, they are full products in their own right.

youv'e clearly cracked it, so the question is of course, How ? - Iv'e clearly had a bit of a brain-block.

kev

Comment

In the example i provided, firstly the options available have their own section and are products in their own right - here.

Then on the main product, for each product (option) that i want to also offer, i create a component for each - that is i have 16 components on that one product.

Name the component for the shopping cart and in the HTML field, include the short description AND the price. Select component as separate order line, select is optional and use the 3 associated options on the right hand side and find the actual product and select it in the drop down box. MAKE sure you have created all of the products before you add the components. From memory im sure you can even copy the component and then just change the relevant bits.

The link to the section is using the link facility (within the product options) which just links to the relevant section.

That should be it.

Comment

thanks for all that, but where does the checkboxes come from, I'm assuming these come because the components are "optional" and so checkboxes are generated automatically.

Looks like there some playing while we wait for santa to come and bring us our prezzies.

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie
            thanks for all that, but where does the checkboxes come from, I'm assuming these come because the components are "optional" and so checkboxes are generated automatically.
            That's as i understand it yes, with drop down boxes you would not be able to select more than one, so checkboxes are the only solution.

Comment

many thanks for your help so close to xmas, appreciate it,

now all I have to do is the actual work. I'm allowed a coupl of hourse off on xmas day before the missus presses my nose back on the grindstone again.

Comment

http://www.abitdifferent.co.uk/acata...t_snaffle.html

Is a variation on the same theme - selecting with the check box changes the price of the item while the size can be changed on each selection. using this method you do not need separate products for each type.

Comment

its an interesting variation, where do the individual dropdowns come from? How are they constructed within Actinic ?

the particular usage is wheelchairs, whereby, there are certain options that become optional extras ONLY at purchase time, but when it comes to later upgrades, that same option may not be available to the end user. (its actually built into the chair at purchase time)

I can see the need to have a Left and a Right leg extender, BUT, having thought again, I can see someone needing both the left and right leg extender.

I need to give it more thought, but I'd be interested in how you did the additional drop downs.

Comment

Working...
                  X