incorrect files on newly purchased installation disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incorrect files on newly purchased installation disks

just purchased multi-site version, and upgraded.

when I look at the files on the CD, I note there is a file called ReleaseNotes803.pdf - this relates to the version on the disk - I am indeed installing v803

I also see there is a file called "Release Notes.doc" - but this one is out of date, its ONLY v802 NOT 803

the ReadMe.txt file quotes the build being "v802 UK" - again incorrect

somewhere the files need to be updates do that the correct files are included within the installation and someone needs to take responsibility to make sure the correct files are on the CD.

As a separate note, PLEASE PLEASE change the installation routine to say something like "You are about to install version 8.0.3" so that at least I know I'm not wasting my time installing a version that I already have installed.

One other gripe, what about a link to the actinic website suggesting that a newer version MAY be available - I know that v804 is now available and that its been made available SINCE the cd was burnt but its these little things that make installs much better.

Nowhere on the CD or the BOX is the version mentioned.

Come on Actinic, make the install of a product costing an awful lot of money LESS painful and MORE professional !

Nowhere on the CD or the BOX is the version mentioned.
    Actinic have never put a version number on thier CDs - this was a huge problem with V7 as PC and server needed to be on the same version to work. V8 however does not mind which version is installed - with the quick turn round of updates CDs will always be out of date, perhaps a note on the disk to check the Actinic website for updates is what is needed.

Comment

I'd still love a simple small sticky lable scattered on the box, and the cd case tell us of the contents, - a simple avery label would cure it.
      I've actually written on the cd with the special pen.

Comment

Personally I never install from a CD, I always download the full version of the patch level I require from the actinic download area.

Using the CD is abit like buying a lucky dip at the fairground

Comment

Working...
        X