Moving Select Shipping Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Select Shipping Method

Is there a way to move the Select Shipping Method to the first page of checkout, or at least move it to the beginning of the second page?

Any help is appreciated

It is possible to request the shipping location the first time something is added to the basket - look for request location early in the documentation and inbuilt help.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill,

Thanks, that helped a bit, I like that feature and will use it, but still does not completely solve my problem. Is there a way that I can move the Select shipping method (the drop down list) to the top of the page it displays on in checkout, or move it to the shopping cart page or something.
      My problem I am trying to solve is that I have a trophy website and some people pickup there items directly from the store and some want it shipped. I have a class of shipping labeled pickup at store, but anyone can select it and alot of times I have to call the customer to request what type of shipment they want and get payment. I would like to have this show up real early in the checkout process so they don't miss it

thanks, niels

Comment

Have a look at page 96 of the Advanced User Guide - that will let you rearrange the shipping options so the default is not the pickup option.
        Bill

Comment

Bill,

I have done the reordering, it works to an extent, but still want to move the shipping method where it shows up on the checkout page from the end to the top of the page

Comment

Looking at the code in Layout code - Order 01 Bulk Area, it may be as simple as highlight and cut the three lines containing block if, Shipping Phase, /block (lines 31 to 33 on my installation) and pasting that back in above Invoice Address Fields.

No guarantee that doing that would not break something else, and I don't have time to test it myself.

I would suggest you take a snapshot, try that change. If it breaks something, just reimport your snapshot.
            Bill

Comment

Bill,

Sounds Like that would work, am new with v.8 and not to familiar with the new version. Could you help me out a bit as to where I might go to make this change

niels

Comment

On the design tab, in the select page type dropdown upper left, select the Checkout page 1.

In the page preview area, select the Shipping and Handling heading, then with code view selected, in the bottom left of the code area click the yellow spiral with the upside down V twice to reach the Order 01 Bulk Area.
                Bill

Comment

Bill,

That did the trick,
                  Thanks for all your help, it is mucho appreciated

Niels