order number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order number

Having searched the community, the help files and every option on every menu I can not find the option to set the order number.

Having upgraded from 6 to 8 I want to be sure my order numbers are sequential - where is it?

It's in the non-intuitive Help / Troubleshooting / Order Number.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Geeez... I searched the online help on "order number" and had it in my mind that it used to be under "Troubleshooting"

What more did I need....

Comment

And if you use "Query Order Number" up pops the correct sequence.

I know there have been discussionsabout customising the order number, am I corrrect in thinking you can only do this by changing the perl script?

Comment

Re customising order number. I'm fairly sure that this still needs to be done in the Perl scripts.

The scripts haven't changed much between V7 and V8 (except NETQUOTEVAR's have become <actinic:variable ... />) so any tips in the V7 Forum will probably still apply.

Comment

I try to avoid customising scripts, as it just means there's more to remember for each patch upgrade.

However I wonder if you can use the order number in trouble shooting?

ie current number is 9999, can I customise this to read 109999?

I have 5 sites running through one worldpay acct, it would be useful to stick an extra digit in identify the site the order has come from.

Comment

Sure. The number can be pretty large. When I helped with one site we started the number with 400000, 500000, 600000 when they went from V4 to 5 and 6.

Comment

Working...
              X