Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing shop home page

Hi,

In a previous thread I outlined a problem I was having whilst trying to make my frontpage website home page the landing page for visitors (www.originsports.co.uk) rather than the actinic store home page. I renamed the actinic store home page http://www.originsports.co.uk/acatal...inicindex.html in order to resolve the problem but am now left with another problems!

The 'home' links in the store go to the actinic store home page but I want them to go to my frontpage home page. Is there a way of doing this?

My preferred option would be to have a link to the store home page (i.e. can I change the wording on the button/link to say Store Home?) and have a seperate link to my website home page in the links table on the left of the store.

Thanks very much

For anyone who's interested I've worked out its simply a case of changing the name in the layout code section of the design tab and then adding a new brochure page with a link to my home page. I'm sure there's better ways of doing it but this seems to work ok.

Let me know if you've got any comments on my overall website - I'm not particularly techie so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I too am after an elegant solution to this. It used to be in earlier versions (I think v4) that you could just put in the design option that you didn't want the actinic index file to be the home page! However I cannot see how when the pages are uploaded, how you can exclude the home page from the default one.

I have searched the help files and the AUG and can see no reference whatsoever.

Has anybody cracked this in a manner that is easy for a non-tecky person like me?
      Nigel Singer
      www.lifetools.com
      Solutions for Life

Comment

You can completely remove the home page from within Actinic, although as you are a self confessed non-techie, i would strongly advise you to do the exact opposite and bring all pages into actinic, giving you one package to manage the lot and also one consistent look throughout. As an experienced designer i would not do things your way unless there was no choice at all, so you probably shouldn't be either.

You get a question during upload if you want to upload the home page and in design|design options, you also get the options to specify the URL for your home page.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Lee.

For some reason I must have disabled the home page during site update as the option no longer comes up. I don't know how to put the stand alone page within Actinic and rename it as index.html just incase any CSS or variables interfer with me doing that.

I have changed the link to show that the home page is our stand alone web page, but everytime I do an update it gets overwriten with the Actinic page, so I have to ftp it up after.

Is there an easy way to bring in a standalone page into Actinic as the default home page?
          Nigel Singer
          www.lifetools.com
          Solutions for Life

Comment

If you do not want the actinic home page to overwrite yours on each upload, then delete it completely from the content tree. If you wish to recreate your existing home page within Actinic to make things easier, then you will need to add fragments to your home page within actinic and build the page. There is a brochure page and fragment tutorial on my site, it may help you to have a read of that to understand how things come together a bit better.

Comment

Working...
            X