Shipping to US and canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping to US and canada

Can anyone help please. This may seem stupid but I don't really want orders from the US or Canada mainly because the freight is so high that it will discourage people anyway. We have just taken an order where we advertised frieght at £6.90. The actual cost to the US is £67.00 !!

What i would like to do is leave countries like this in but build in something that says to contact us for a freight quote. That way we don't take orders at ludicrously cheap rates. Unless someone knows a better way of dealing with this issue.

Thanks very much

How do you currently calculate shipping? Do you want to inhibit only US and Coonadia, or all Rest Of the World countries?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

I currently calculate freight based on weight. Customers are then offered the choice of a faster service if available. Using this method costs for freight to say, canada and the US is very expensive. What I would like to do is to allow people to order from these countries. But not to calculate frieght using weight. I would suggest that they are then told to contact us for a quote for freight. It is worth leaving thses two countries on my system as believe it or not, there are certain scuba diving products that aren't available over there.

Thanks

Comment

If you create a new zone, remove US and CA from the existing RoW zone and then add them to the new zone and don't create a shipping cost table, they would not be able to order, but would be invited to contact you.

To have them able to order, you need the new zone and a shipping cost table with 0.00 weight 0.00 cost and a text message added into checkout (and thus visible to all customers) telling these customers they will be contacted to agree freight rates.
        Bill

Comment

Sounds good.

How do I add the text message onto the checkout please

Thanks again

Comment

Design tab - use the selection drop down to pick Checkout page 1.

Decide on an appropriate location for your message and type it into the Layout Code box surrounded by suitable html tags.
            Bill

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
              X