Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User so be kind please

Hi Everyone,

I've finally done it and decided to run my own web shop. My current web designer is having a life change so it's a good opportunity to have a go myself.

I am awaiting for my new software to come on Friday (I like the fact that a friendly sales chap calls you the day after you download and can answer questions rather than being pushy) and so I've been playing with my evaluation version (interestingly, the nearer to the end of the expirery date, things like the 'design' tab disapears).

Anyhow, my current website www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk does not employ a shop, hence Actinic is to be used to recreate the items a s afresh website. My web designer has created a nice way of viewing pages where you click on the catagory, then a short form list of products appears. You then click on the product and a nice static page appears by which they can restfully view (and if I'd had a shoping cart, they could then purchase). This style goes down well with our (mainly retired) customers. However, I fell that the popup window may be a little 'in yer face' and wonder if anyone could suggest a solution; I can only find threads on playing with the size of the pop up box etc.

Many thanks,

Mark J
    Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
    www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

I felt a bit foolish posting (being a newbe) so I took a grip of myself and found a solution;

Create a Section: Summerhouses
    Create a Sub-section: The Vera Summerhouse; This uses a single line of the main product description and a line 'Price from £xxx.xx) and the thumbnail of the product.
    I then create a series of further sub-sections for all of my other 'Summerhouses'
    Under each sub-section I then create the actual product with the full description etc without a popup. The client can then add this product to the cart.

Sorry if this appears a bit simple to many but as an ex-engineer, I like to have a clear understanding before I begin.

Thanks,

Mark J
    Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

What popup window? [Added - Ah! your second message clarifies things - you seem to be headed in the right direction now ]

On your disappearing tab - if you find you have accidentally closed a tab by clicking the little x - just go to Window | Restore Original View layout.
      Last edited by wjcampbe; 03-Jan-2007, 09:17 PM. Reason: OP second post
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I went to your egyptian website and you've done exactly the same. Excellent, I may be starting to think like a web designer(well sort of).

Thanks,

Mark J
        Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Yes, I'll accept sort of - I do not consider myself a web designer but I do a mean job of converting designers ideas to a practical website.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X