Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Australia

Hello,

I am considering moving to Australia and develop using Actinic, can anyone tell me if the software is used in Australia?

Thanks

Leon

You could try contacting Remmo who uses actinic in Australia. http://community.actinic.com/member.php?u=4572

He can probably tell you about any pitfalls to watch out for.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Leon,

That's right... I'm using Actinic down here. Overall I am very happy with it although there are a few things to watch out for.

Two things that need to be changed that I can think of right now is:
      1. We need a local PSP - can only use WorldPay at the moment who are extremely uncompetitive or Paypal. Because of this I am taking payment by download onto my computer and then manually processing. Mark at 1st web in NZ is working on setting up a local PSP so this should be resolved soon.

2. The Tax Invoice created by Actinic is not up to the standard set by the Tax Office. We need to be able to show prices including GST in the Invoice and then have a rule stating "This Invoice contains $XXXX GST". This may be fixed in v9. Otherwise if people want a proper invoice one will need to be created manually.

3. The most used accounting software here is MYOB. This is not supported by Actinic.

All up though I think that the software is the best available even with these shortcomings. Once they are addressed it will be years ahead of the competition.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, just ask.

It'd be great to see more Aussie users.

Comment

Hello Remmo,

Before using Actinic I worked for the Sage Software Group for several years which Actinic links to. I have just arrived in Perth and I am looking for work in Perth or another state. Do you know of any positions available?

Here is one of my sites http://www.schoolofcolor.com/acatalog/Home.html

Cheers

Leon

Comment

Sorry Leon, can't help you there... I'm not in the design game - I just manage my own site for my business. Perth is a happening place though so I'm sure you'll find something.

Comment

Remmo

Have you heard anything on the PSP or SSL front for Australian sites?
            Launching a new site shortly and ran into this thread.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Working...
            X