New Address tick box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Address tick box

I have been nosing around the forums but I don't think anyone else had wanted to do this but what we want is:

If a customer has changed their address since their last order I would like to add a tick box:
    ..............................__
    Is this a new address |_|
    ...........................___________
    Your old Postcode: |__________|

Actually getting the html into the layout is not going to be a problem but getting the information to pass through to the order is the difficult bit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Hi Mike,

There is already an option on the invoice address page for 'Moving in one month' which is a tick box. You could amend this for your purposes by going to the 'Design' menu and selecting 'Text'. Click on the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of the window and in the 'Phase' field, type 0 and in the 'ID' field type 13 and click 'OK'. This will take you to the above prompt, where you can change the text in the 'Current Value' field.

For the 'Your Old Postcode' field, you may notice the the field underneath the 'Moving in One Month' field is a 'User Defineable' field, so you can put your question in that one and make sure that the box under the 'Show' column is ticked for it to display online.

When you download the order the 'Moving' tick will appear on the 'Customer' tab - there is a tick box at the bottom for that. The user definable field will come in on the 'Misc' tab.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey

Brilliant!!

As I remember, I disabled this function right at the beginning of development.
      What you are saying makes sense. I'll give it a shot next week.

Thanks

Mike
      Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
      www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X