Shipping Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Problems

Good evening and firstly may i say HELLO as i am new to the world of Actinic and also to this forum.

We have recently purchased V8 and i have left behind my beloved dreamweaver website to grasp this all singing and dancing technology. Our site is www.nappies-direct.com (please it isnt modified or changed much from standard actinic as still trying to find my feet!)
    We sell babycare products and can ship anything from a teet to a big box of nappies thus we use a mix of Royal Mail standard postage rates and Parcelforce for our bulkier packages.
    Thought everythuing was going swimmingly until i discovered to my horror that when people add products to the shopping basket rather than adding the weights together and then charging the correct amount for the total weight, the site is adding the individual postage cost of every item then making that the over all postage cost.
    I have support looking into it but having read a lot of your guys threads i thought I might be lucky and get the solution here.
    Does anyone have any ideas as I hate having the site offline!!
    Thanks in advance
    Lloyd
    www.nappies-direct.com
    Lloyd Hawken
    www.nappies-direct.com

when people add products to the shopping basket rather than adding the weights together and then charging the correct amount for the total weight, the site is adding the individual postage cost of every item then making that the over all postage cost.
    the software will take the weight you have assigned to a product and add the total weight of all the products in the basket to give total weight and then charge the rate you have defined in the shipping table.

ie productA is 200 g
    product B is 300 g

put these 2 into a basket to get 500g actnic will charge the rate for 500g

put 2 x A in the basket actinic will charge the rate for 400g.

Assuming you have defined shipping by weight in the shipping tables

Comment

Yup thats what it should be doing, and actinic support have checked it and cannot see any problems with it, yet the software itself is saying item A costs x, Item B costs Y and rather than adding the weights and saying the sum total is cost for weight x+y it is saying the postage cost is Cost of A and Cost of B. Therefore if i had 3 items weighing 100 gramms each and giving a cost for 300g, it is calculating each individual cost and adding them together which is where the problem lies....

A bit of a head scratcher this one!

Lloyd
      Lloyd Hawken
      www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Have you ticked 'ship separately' on any of the product details, or entered a value into the optimal package weight box on the shipping and handling tab in business settings? Doing either of those could be causing your problem.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

almost certain Jan is correct here, provide a screenshot of your shipping as it will be easier to explain if it can be seen.

Comment

Thankyou!!!!!!!!

Well got up early this morning as obviously my like of revenue was tending to play on my mind, just had a look at the forum, checked all the items on my site for ship individually which none of them had, then re read the message about optimal package weight which had 0.1 in it, cleared that and voila my site works!
            Many thanks for your time and comments... now why did i actually by Actinic cover lol
            Lloyd Hawken
            www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Working...
            X