Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Control V8

My understanding of stock control in V8 goes something like this:

I have 5 in stock and I input that into Actinic and upload.
    Someone comes along and buys 3, leaving me with 2.
    But Actinic thinks I still have 5 until I upload the site again.
    So if someone else comes along and orders 4 before I manage to upload, Actinic processes the order even though I don't have enough left in stock to fulfill the order.

If this is right, has anyone found any ways to improve upon this? Has anyone built any add-ons to allow more accurate stock monitoring without uploading?

I have been approached by someone who says Actinic will give her everything she wants from a website but that an accurate stock control system is essential. If Actinic can't do this we will have to custom-build a PHP site for her instead. Seems a bit of a shame when Actinic works so well in other areas.

Any suggestions?
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

An upload needs to be done, as the product database in stored on your PC. I have a friend who sells Bikinis here at www.bikinishack.co.uk (using Actinic) and needs to have accurate stock monitoring all the time.
    His solution for this problem was to buy One Stop Automation from www.mole-end.biz, leave a PC on all the time running Actinic and set the One Stop Automation to download orders every 10 minutes and re-upload everytime someone placed an order. Works very well for him.
    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
    Snuggle Feet
    Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Thanks Les, I'll look into that.
      Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Stock Control

We do the same thing but in the busy period up/download every 5 minutes, we still get multiple orders overselling, I think that if people have products in a basket saved for maybe 1-2 days, Actinic still allows the order to go through even though there's no stock. Basically there is no real stock control, it's something we have to live with until V9/10 perhaps.

Comment

The saved baskets are the real issue for me, even when it is marked out of stock it still lets people by the items.

I do not understand why there is not an interim method for this, surely even without a live data base something could be made so the site knows how many it can sell?

Maybe i make this easier than it is.

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Working...
          X