Actinic Link for QB POS crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link for QB POS crashing

I have set up and configured Actinic Link for v8, but every time I hit process it connects to quickbooks and promptly locks up. I can confirm that the settings are correct and that the right profile is being looked at in actinic.

Please advise.

More information is needed to assist you. I would suggest that you open a support ticket as QB integration requires close attention to detail in the configuration. In order too troubleshoot the issue far more information would be required. What version of QuickBooks POS are you using. What version of Actinic ecommerce?
    Which link are your configuring for connection? Actinic to QBPOS or QBPOS to Actinic. Can you connect to the database and have you configured Quickbooks to always allow Actinic to connect as a third party Software?

From the little information you provided it would seem that your issue is with QuickBooks POS not allowing database access. In the configuration process the QuickBooks database will prompt you for access acceptance. If you have not reached this point in the configuration then you may want to check the taskmanager in windows and "swicth too" the Qb Pos program as I have seen instances where the security notice does not pop up on the screen and seems to run behind QBPos.

Open the help file to see complete install indtuctions: From windows | Start | All Programs | Actinic link for QuickBooks POS | Help. Review this information carefully.

If testing try using a sample file and before starting complete the following steps in the QuickBooks Database: In QBPOS
    ========

Add 4 products

Shipping As Service
    Handling As Service
    Adjustment As Service
    Default Item As Non-Inventory

Add 1 Customer

First Name: Internet
    Last Name: Shopper

In Link
    =======

In General Tab, select Quickbooks POS connection
    select company from dropdown
    click Connect to Quickbooks and accept the dialog about connection to
    ActinicQBPOS

In Carriage Tab, select appropriate products fo S & H

In Transation Tab, add 1 entry to grid "Other" + "Shopper, Internet"

In Payments, map Actinic to QB dropdowns

In Tax, set up as approriate for top grid.

In bottom grid, select 'Non' for first and 'Tax' for rest

I have made this connection many times. Its best to work with a sample Actinic and QuickBooks database before working in production databases to become familiar with the process and requirements. The QuickBooks POS link works nicely. It is an integration of two softwares and your operating enviroment is critical to the functional operation of the softwares. All databases must be on the same network, its prefered for intial testing that you have both Actinic and QuickBooks POS running on the same PC. Consider checking your settings and then report a more detailed failure report to the Actinic Support team.
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

We're running QB POS Version 6.0 R2
      and
      Actinic Business 8.0.2.1.0.0.GJUA

The connection is QB to Actinic.

Comment

You forgot to anwser this critical bit:
        Can you connect to the database and have you configured Quickbooks to always allow Actinic to connect as a third party Software?

I would suggest that you go through Actinic support. Its unlikely that I can assist you in this process through the forum.

I did provide you with additional information which if used correctly should help you in the configuration and set up process. If you need more hands on consulting with the integration contact me directly by phone.

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
        X