Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT on components not showing

Hi,

I have a product that has various options that can add to the overall price. I have set the product price to show 'inclusive of VAT'. I have then set up a component to allow you to choose options that may add to the overal price.

My problem is that I net down my gross price for the component and add it into the permutations table. I then set the Permutations Layout to display 'Additional price with Tax message'. However the price doesn't then display the retail price, just my net price with 'excludes VAT'.

Obviously I would like to show a consistant pricing policy. Any help in getting the component to show the retail/ gross price?

Thanks,

Mark J
    Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
    www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

make sure the actual product is not set to "Zero Vat" - this will generat the Excl Vat=10.00 and also the Inclusive Vat=10.00

Comment

Hi,

I have further investigated that Actinic treats component prices that are not additional items exclusive of VAT which is a bit of a pain. The following is from their help page 'What are Components?';

"The prices are always just the retail prices – not the customer group prices (if you are using them). They are also always displayed excluding tax."

However I have got over this by adding the retail price in the description of the various choices. This means that the shopping cart will do its thing in calculating the VAT whilst the customer only sees the retail price as text.

Thanks,
      Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
      www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

I have just had the same problem, it is a real pain, if only there was a set of options in the Component Layout Permutation Retail Price Layout box that included VAT as well as the set of options that exclude VAT!

Is this on a 'wish list' ?

Cheers
        Kev

Comment

Add it to the wishlist forum even if it has been raised before, people can then add their thoughts too and add weight to the recommended changes.

Comment

Thanks, Will do.

It's actually now more important, as I cant use the bodge of including the price on the Short Description line, because then I cant use the products as optional additions to another product with an overide deal price!

Cheers
            Kev

Comment

and I got a reply, should have looked harder in the advanced user guide!

Originally posted by cdicken
              Hi Kevin

It's not tecnically possible to show tax inclusive pricing properly as a default option in the permutations - but there is a workaround in the Advanced User Guide (in a chapter called 'Showing Permutation Prices Including Tax') which gets you most of the way there.
              And that solved my problem nicely, the only problem with the solution is an assumption that tax is always price * 1.175.

Cheers
              Kev

Comment

Hi,

Does this help?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24484

Richard

Comment

Thanks, that solution is what is now in the advanced users guide.

Comment

Working...
                  X