Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc Type / Display Issue

Hi

Whenever I view this page in IE7 the X2 menu bars have less width than the rest of the design. Yet when I view the site in Firefox the page looks fine.

PAGE EXAMPLE:

http://www.testmole.co.uk/acatalog/test/acatalog/

CSS:

http://www.testmole.co.uk/acatalog/t...og/actinic.css

Below is the CSS that controls the look of the menu bar.

/* Start of search bar */

#search_bar { background-color:#69c; height:30px; text-align:right; clear:both; padding: 5px 0 0 0;}
    #about_links { float:left; width:300px; text-align:left; vertical-align:middle; }
    #about_links a { color:#fff; text-decoration:underline; font-size: 0.7em; padding: 0 3px; }
    #about_links a:hover { text-decoration:none;} form.simplesearch { float:right; width:300px; padding-right:10px; margin:0; }
    form.simplesearch input.SS { border: 1px solid #f60; }
    form.simplesearch input.search_button { border: 1px solid #666; background-color:#ccc; color:#666; font-size:10pt; }
    /* Start of breadcrumb */
    #bread_crumb, div#footer { background: url("orange_spacer_shadow.jpg") repeat-x; height:24px;
    background-color:#f60; color:#fff; font-size: 0.7em; }
    #bread_crumb a, div#footer a { color:#fff; text-decoration:none; } #bread_crumb a:hover, div#footer a:hover { text-decoration:underline; }

Yet when the site is view as a static page in Standards mode the site is fine. Therefore, I was wondering if it's possible to change the DOCTYPE used? or better still does anyone have any idea why when I include the SIMPLESEARCH HTML in Actinic this problems arises.

Garry,

What exact version of 8 are you on? v8.0.4 had a few changes made to include functionality with v7 and Vista.

If you are already on 8.0.4 then I would suggest raising a support request so that this can be looked into.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Re.

Hi Bruce,

Based on what you have stated, I need to update my Actinic. I have inly upgraded once. Does this mean I'll have to use all the patches/upgrades? or will the most recent fix any I have installed?

Comment

Re.

Oh right I'll givr that ok thanks

Comment

Working...
        X