Duplicating a Fragment Doesn't Rename It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicating a Fragment Doesn't Rename It

In V7 when you duplicated a fragment it's name was automatically changed (a number added to the end of the name). In V8 (804 at least) if you duplicate fragments they keep the same name. This causes a problem when you want to change the layout of one of the fragments to be different to its copy. Actinic appears to get confused and either crashes or hangs.

It's no big deal but when developing a new site I generally duplicate fragments on a page as a starting point to see the design effect. I spent hours trying to figure out why Actinic was hanging up before realising what had caused it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Just checked and my 04 is giving some odd results. If I copy and paste a fragment then it does it with no warning and no fragment name change, however if I paste it a second time then it gives a warning and renames the fragment with a 1 as per V7. If I paste it a third time then it gives a warning but does not rename the fragment and all subsequent pastes give a warning but no renaming.

I think youve found a bug duncan.

Comment

Yep - this is behaving incorrectly. There isn't the requirement to have unique manes for fragments any more - but it only seems to remember this for the first fragment you duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        There isn't the requirement to have unique manes for fragments any more
        I sorely miss Act_Barber.html from v7

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Equine dressage just won't be the same anymore.

Comment

Goats with mullets

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X