Marketing List Layout on Duplicates and Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing List Layout on Duplicates and Variables

In the product marketing lists (Also Bought and Related Products) a variable takes it's value from the parent product if the product on which the marketing item is displayed is a duplicate.

Is there a variable prefix (like MainSection:: or AssociatedProduct:: ) which would enable me to get the marketing item to use a variable set on the duplicate product?

Hi Jonathan,

In the product marketing lists (Also Bought and Related Products) a variable takes it's value from the parent product if the product on which the marketing item is displayed is a duplicate.
    I'm not sure that I quite understand what you're saying here. Do you mean that you have a product duplicate with a specific variable, and when you add some marketing products to it the variable changes to what is in the parent product

or are you saying that if you have a product with marketing products which are duplicates, they get listed with the variable taken from the parent product

I hope that makes sense.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I have a product A and it has related item links B1 and C1. I set a variable V in product A with a value of VA. The products B and C from which the marketing products B1 and C1 come also have the variable V with values of of VB and VC respectively (luckily there isn't a product D!).

When the product A displays the marking products B1 and C1, if the variable V is in the marketing item template, it displays the values of variable V set at products B and C.

I would like to be able to use the value of variable V as set at product A in the marketing item layout, i.e. have the variable show as VA.

or are you saying that if you have a product with marketing products which are duplicates, they get listed with the variable taken from the parent product
      I really wish it was possible to set duplicates in the marketing lists

Comment

Hi,

I see what you mean now. I don't think there is a variable that will do what you want.

The only thing I could think of would be to create another variable (v2) and put that on the 'Related Products' layout that you are using and then enter the data (VA) that you want to appear on the relevant product (B and C). This falls over if you use the related product for more than one main product.

Lets see if our development team can come up with something better.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid that our development team could find an easy way of doing this. I've been playing around with this for a few days and have been unable to come up with a way of getting this to work easily.

I will add the option to our wishlist for a variable to be able to take data from the parent product.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X