Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem getting Protx to work

Hi

I am attempting to go live, i.e. pass customers directly to Protx rather than download their credit cards, but my web site is not redirecting to the Protx server.

I have seen the notes about changing the act_occprotxtemplate.html and OCCUgrade.ini files, and have done that, uploaded, and used a new browser window, but still the 'next' button does not appear.

Folloing script remains in the act_occprotxtemplate.html file, which does not look right to me.

<BR>You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server
    to process your credit card details with complete confidence. NETQUOTEDEL:TESTMODE
    <P>
    <BIG>This catalog is currently running in test mode. Your credit card will not be debited.</BIG>

<FORM NAME="formOCC" METHOD=POST ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_URL">
    NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_VALUES
    <P>
    <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="600">
    <TR><TD ALIGN=RIGHT>
    NETQUOTEDEL:TESTMODE
    <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="\&quot;SUBMIT\&quot;" VALUE="Next&gt;">

</TD></TR>
    </TABLE>
    </FORM>
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_URL">
    </table>

Can anyone give me a steer as to what to do next?

Thanks

Hendrik

www.grand-illusions.com

I notice that I am appearing in the PSP-pending page a few times!

Hendrik

Comment

Have you changed the OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl file? Introduced your vendor identity information? Then incremented OCCUpgrade.ini and closed Actinic?

Your act_occprotxtemplate.html should read
      Code:
      <BR>You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server 
      to process your credit card details with complete confidence. NETQUOTEDEL:TESTMODE
      <P>
      <BIG>This catalog is currently running in test mode.  Your credit card will not be debited.</BIG>
      NETQUOTEDEL:TESTMODE

<FORM NAME="formOCC" METHOD=POST ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_URL">
      NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_VALUES
      <P>
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

Yes, I have done all those things.

For some reason I am not clear about, the NEXT button is now appearing (although I don't think I changed anything) - however nothing happens when I click on it, i.e. I do not get forwarded to the Protx server.

Hendrik

Comment

Do you have that second NETQUOTEDEL:TESTMODE in your template?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Protx often hangs when a site is first set up - I had the same problem, take a look at this thread it has some suggestions

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4747

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Pat

I tried the edit that was suggested in that thread, but the NEXT button still didn't work, and I got an error on the page.

I spoke to Tracey in Actinic support, and she sent me a new version of the Act_OCCProtxTemplate.html file, and - fantastic - the button now works.

However Tracey has also sent me the code that needs to go in all the shop and checkout pages, that will enable the automatic bounce. I am only using Client, so will have to get my developer to do this.

However if we then get the automatic bounce working as well, should I leave the NEXT button as is, or should I remove it? Any thoughts as to the pros and cons of having both?

I am really pleased that PROTX is now up and running - Lloyds Cardnet explained that dowloading the cc details and processing them as Customer Not Present was not the way to do things, and had the possibility of huge fines if things went wrong, and the data was compromised.

I always deleted the cc info, especially the CVV, as soon as the payment had gone through, but still, the info does sit on the computer for a few hours overnight, and if even banks can be compromised, what chance do the little players have? So nice to feel I am moving towards the squeaky clean territory.

Last question (for now..!). The options on the Grand Illusions used to be Credit Card or PayPal. Now they will be PROTX or PayPal. I guess I need to explain somewhere what PROTX is, or the customers will be confused?

Hendrik

www.grand-illusions.com

Comment

these updated files to handle Protx, Are they available as a download?

I'm about to integrate with Protx, and I will probably encounter similar problems.

Comment

Your profile does not allow me to e-mail you directly.

Send me an e-mail at hendrik.ball@grand-illusions.com

Hendrik

Comment

Is this still a relevant issue or have the updated files been added to v8.04/5?

Curious as we are about to launch 2 new sites next week with Protx

Regards
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Daren

This issue is not applicable to all, i have never had a problem with intergration. Unfortunately i think it is one of those annoying bugs that is not there for everyone

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

Nice to hear that Darren

I shall inform if anything arises.

Best wishes.
                        Daren

Comment

We started with ProtX a few days ago and the changeover was seamless. Version 8 has the correct .pl and template files so there is no need to follow their instruction and download their patch. Just edit OCCUpgrade.ini.

Bob
                          Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
                          Bob Isaac
                          Director/Web Admin
                          Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Nice one Bob

Incremental by one it is then

Regards

Comment

I think that you also need to edit the OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl to add your email address and protx key before updating the ini file.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X