Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which AVS/CV2 Rules do you use?

Hi

Just got PROTX connected to my Actinic cart.

In the past, when doing customer not present transactions on the credit card terminal, I would never accept one where the 3 digit security code (CV2) didn't match, but was sometimes prepared to accept one where the address details didn't match.

Protx allows various rules, and I was thinking of invoking the one that insists on the CV2 data matching, i.e. rejects a transaction if the data does not match, but leaving the address requirement.

I would be curious to know what other people do?

Hendrik

imho, forcing cv2 to match is very important.

as far as avs goes, i advise my customers (both actinic and not) that wherever possible insist on a postal code match, but go easy on street address.

i believe different processors use different algorithms for matching street address. and i'm sure in the uk, the algorithms are different. e.g. here in the us i ***believe*** every address has a number associated with it, while i'm not sure that that's universally true in the uk.
    David Camm
    President
    Advanced Web Systems
    Keller, TX

Comment

Hi Hendrik,

It all depends on the level of risk your business faces and how much risk you want to take on.

If you're in a high risk business (think IPods, DVDs, etc; stuff that has a high value and is easy to sell on) then you probably want to keep a tight control over CC risk and should insist on CV2 and address matching.

On the other hand, if the items you're selling are low risk and you don't mind checking the occasional order that doesn't seem quite right, then you can be more relaxed about it.

Depending on how many orders you'll be taking, you can also let protx accept all the payments and do the fraud checking yourself using the CV2 / address matching information.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We ship all over the world, and I am unsure if PROTX can address match outside the UK. I have been told that it can, but also that it can't.

If the latter, then all non UK orders would end up being rejected if I forced the address match. Wouldn't they?

Does anyone know for sure?

Hendrik

Comment

I have AVS and CV2 rules enabled in Protx. For the USA and other uncivilised places, the payment goes through with a note to the merchant that the avs check was not performed.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We are currently using Secure trading who allow orders to be suspended dependent on what rules you have set, it is then up to you to contact the customer and determine whether any mismatches are due to cutomer error or a fraudulent transaction.

I spoke with Protx earlier who assure me that with VSP Form you set the security rules and if a customer places an order and their payment details do not match the transaction fails and returns them to a page where they can resubmit their payment details.

Can anyone let me know if this is true and that this is how Protx works in real life!!

Comment

Working...
            X