Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete old version 7 after upgrade to 8

Hi,

I am about to attemt an upgrade to v8, but can not find information in the Upgrade guide or advanced guide regarding deleting old site from my server. If I upload the site I imported to version 8 as a snap shot, will that overwite version 7?

I am over my server disk space and think that I may not be able to upload a test site, and even if I could, how would I get rid of the version 7 site and will Actinic automatically remove the new site from the "Test" folder and make it active?

Any pointers much appreciated as I could not find details relating to this when searching the forum.

Best regads,

Nick

I followed the concensus of opinion (and experience) and installed V8 into its own folder and rebuilt the sites from scratch again. Take a look at this thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=25469

Bob
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

if you don't have webserver space then you could create an apache webserver on your pc, thus you keep everything local until you are ready to go live.

I would image your test v8 site wil lbe in developmnt for a while thus you do not want to overwrite your live v7 site on the webserver

See the AUG for a guide on setting up apache

Comment

Working...
      X