Alphabetical Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphabetical Keywords

I am having a few issues with my keywords. There seems to be no problems with the index page, ie. they all appear in the order of prominence to which I put them in - and like wise with the brochure pages.

However in the catalogue pages - when previewed locally and when published to the web, the keywords suddenly jump into alphabetical order!

I initially thought it was something I had done to the site, so being a business multi site use I created a new site and exactly the same thing happened using a standard template. I am running Version 8.04 and also 8.03 on my old lap top. both do the same trick.

Technical support have been trying to sort the problem out now for 2 weeks. They feel that perhaps it could be some other software on my computer. I've tried looking into this and deleted a few programs, but I still have the same problem!

Has anyone got any ideas? - or experienced anything similar?
    Adrian Higgins
    www.atlanticshopping.co.uk

Do you have any browser scripts running - GreaseMonkey or the like perhaps in FF?

Comment

I get the same here. It's nothing to do with the browser. It looks like Actinic is sorting these keywords before it uploads the pages.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It looks like Actinic is sorting these keywords before it uploads the pages.
        Nasty, this should not happen. The website developer should be able to dertermine the order of keywords

Comment

get the same here
          Its not happening with my sites I assume everyone is on 04

Comment

It's not happening to me either on 804.

Comment

Alphabet mania!!

Many thanks for your ideas.- I do have firefox installed but no grease monkey. Technical support originaly thought it was the browser I was using. However when I explained It was the same in IE 5, 5.5, 6, 7 and mozilla they thought It was something else on my computer. - I checked for viruses, adeware etc.. and then re-installed actinic 8.04. - Still no joy!

Hows every one else getting on?
              Adrian Higgins

Comment

OK - checking some other sites I am starting to get multiple errors. These are sites that have just been upgraded to 04.

meta keywords on some sites are not showing at all even though they are there and the code checks out.

When generating preview I am getting the error meta keywords used out of context.

The first site I checked is working OK

A very odd bug?

Comment

Very odd as you say.
                  Most of the pages are showing keywords on the current site I'm busy with but the keywords do NOT show at all for the Top of Store page. I think we should flag this up with Actinic for them to look deeper into as it may have some influence on SEO.

Comment

I originally came across the prolblem because even though the keywords had been entered into actinic for the index page but nothing in the source code was appearing! - This site had been upgraded from 8.03 to 8.04. I then emailed a snap shot to technical support and they could not reproduce the problem when they were using 8.04. However when making a new site the keywords were in the correct order in the index page but still in the catalogue pages in alphabetical order.
                    Adrian Higgins

Comment

I'm on 8.0.4.

Here's what I think may be happening. Actinic allows you to merge keywords from parent sections, so I guess that the code that does that merging is putting things in alphabeltic order (even when there's no merging to do).
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Compact database and copying the head code from a new site seems to have sorted it out - tags are back to normal and not in alphabetical order.

Looks like something is going on though?

Comment

may have some influence on SEO.
                          Up until last week I would have said no but recent developments may mean that meta tags are back in business

Comment

recent developments may mean that meta tags are back in business
                            is there a source for this info?

Comment

I dont give away all my secrets jo

Comment

Working...
                              X