Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncated Error

Hey all,

I recently imported a huge list of customers and products from Quickbooks (275/364) into Actinic Business. I now get a "Data Truncated" error pointing to a database problem when I open Actinic. I read the help file and see that some forms cannot exceed a certain amount of characters. For instance, 20 is the maximum for product reference. My question is - Where is this database located physically on the C: drive. I deleted all the products and customers from inside Actinic and still get the error. Also when trying to import products again, it says duplicates already are in the database file and it won't import. Ideally I'd like to completely wipe whatever file Actinic uses to import from Quickbooks and start fresh without having to reinstall Actinic completely as a fresh copy to fix the problem. If anyone has experience with this it would be of great help. Thanks!

it might be a section name - they are in the catalog section table. I have a spellchecker program in my plugin collection and one of the things is does is check the field lengths for the fields it is checking (because changing a spelling might cause it to break), if you run that it might tell you which data is causing the problem - if it's a section name you will be able to fix it up as well in the demo version. You can download the free trial from this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Section name length an issue?

Is the section name length still an issue?

I looked in the DB and saw that the field type was 'memo.' Does that mean anything goes or is there still some sort of length checking?

Comment

The size limitations are set by the program not the database, you will often find memo fields in use in the database but you still have to stick to the lengths that you are allowed to enter throught Actinic directly.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

db modification

If we modify the length of the fields in the database, could that automatically truncate the length of the string and thereby allow Actinic to fire up?

thanks,

Chris

Comment

well, here's an update... (POS link and DB)

So, I tested the truncation bit and finally got actinic to fire up, but the results were insane.

I used QB POS link to pull information in from QB POS 7. I told my client they should get QB POS 6, but they bought the latest and greatest... I'm not sure what the problem is, but when I imported their data, the sections table went nuts! Rather than the 30 departments I expected to see, there were more than a hundred. That problem became compounded when I truncated the section names to 17.

So, has anyone successfully used QB POS Link with QB POS version 8? Are there any major pitfalls to importing from POS that would cause a major error in the system where actual items would be considered sections? I'll cross post as a new thread because I'm not sure that QB POS Link is actually going to do what it is advertised to do...

Comment

What was truncated in the end, was it a section name?

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X