Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation of unncessary pages

Afternoon all,

Quick question, (might be one for Actinic themselves), can we stop the generation of unnecessary pages in Actinic? In my particular case this would include things like 'mail_form.html' and 'info.html'.

I don't use either of these (and a couple more similar ones) but they are still generated and uploaded to the site. I can block them from being indexed by search engines but I don't like having junk on the server than isn't used.

I know I could delete them manually via FTP but my question relates to cases of non-technical users (we develop sites for other people).

In a perfect world, I actually like to take the reference to these pages out of the Design > Select Page Type list as well but that's just me being picky...

Any and all help greatfully received.

Many thanks.

Angi
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

Tiger,

I would add this to the wishlist forum.

Paul.

Comment

This is a Wish List item and I have added it to our internal Wish-List for you.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks for your replies Paul and Bruce and thanks for adding it to your internal wishlist, Bruce.

I've been experiementing with changing / removing things in the 'original' actinic db and the originaldesign.txt which does appear to have an affect on the Page Type listing but the pages are still generated and uploaded. If it turns out to be something as simple as making database adjustments rather than changes within the core program, I'm happy to do these, if someone is able to point me in the right direction.
        OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
        Actinic developers since version 3
        01865 361696

Comment

Working...
        X