No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have a multi-user version and have just created a snapshot from my work computer to my home one. I created my products using images on my work computer. When I opened the snapshot on my home computer, none of the images were available.

Should I upload all of my files into 'Additional Files...' under the design menu so that everything is kept under Actinic for creating a snapshot to be used on other computers or is there another way?

Thanks,
    Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
    www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

The snapshot takes a copy of everything in your site1 folder, if your images aren't there, it won't take them. Keep everything site related in your site1 folder, it makes things so very easy then.

Comment

Thanks,

Can I create sub-folders under site1 so I can organise my many images?
      Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Can I create sub-folders under site1 so I can organise my many images?
        Yes you can but any images used to create a design should be in the site1 folder not a sub folder. Lots of threads on this common topic.

Comment

Thanks Malcolm,

I have been searching for threads on this but I don't quite know what to search for, can you give me a pointer on some key words?
          Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

I have a folder called "ProductPictures" that sits within my site1 folder and then have subfolders within this folder, it works perfectly and never gives any problem.

I would imagine that "site1" and "images" would work for a search, if not then that search facility really is crap.

Comment

Just a note, I have gone into my site1 folder (from the snapshot) and found that all my images are in the folder 'NOT_CATALOG' and yet when I go to my products pages in Actinic it does actually reference this folder but doesn't show the image in preview. Does Actinic treat this folder as a lepper when you snapshot until you put these images into the site1 folder properly?
              Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

all my images are in the folder 'NOT_CATALOG'
                Do a search and you will find all the info you need.

Comment

I presume that references all things that are not where they should be ideally.

Just make sure that all of your images are within the site1 folder, however you choose to do this and that the products themselves point to the correct file locations.

Once you have done this, you will have one central place for all of your images and more importantly a snapshot will take everything you need.

Comment

Thanks for help. I feel humbled as I appear (from the search of the forum on site1) to have committed one of the cardinal sins of using Actinic.

I will now sit in a dark corner and think about what I have done.
                    Mark J

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

You are allowed to have the light on to eat your bread and water.

Comment

be careful with sub directories, actinic puts ALL the images in a SINGLE directory so overwriting image names that have gone before.
                        stick to a single directory (somewhere below Site1) and then you can ensure all images are unique across the implementation.

Comment

Working...
                        X