Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Help

Hi
    Im quite new for actinic so i hope you will guide me in detail. thanks in advance
    Im using actinic 8.0.3 and having following problems .
    1) whenever i press "send" button in "Contact us" page(link) then i got this error "INET_ATON failed - host not found (smtp.iomartmail.co.uk"
    2) when ever i click on the "Login" link then i get a blank page.
    3) In content tab, i have different links (under home link and above online catalogue)and one link is quite light in colour.i cant see this link in left side when ever i go in the preview mod.

I hope you would guide me how can i do now.
    thanks
    Mush

Welcome -
    using actinic 8.0.3the
    first thing to do is upgrade to the latest version of Actinic at www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

1) do this solve my all the problems ?
      2) do we have to pay something to update from our current version ?
      3) We have an online site, so what kind of problems can we get during that phase??

thanks
      mush

Comment

I dont know but its the first step I would advise. If the problems still exist after upgrading then you can ask again.

Comment

do we have to pay something
          No its free

Comment

what kind of problems can we get during that phase
            None the upgrader works offline.

Comment

thanks for your quick help. I will update the version soon, but my main problems are still there .any idea about the above mentioned probems ?
              Regards

Comment

If the site is live then a url will help. Try a refresh of the site.

Comment

url is "http://eurocorrugatedbox.co.uk"
                  and you can see these two problems over there

1) whenever i press "send" button in "Contact us" page(link) then i got this error "INET_ATON failed - host not found (smtp.iomartmail.co.uk"

2) when ever i click on the "Login" link then i get a blank page.

but the third problem is not online so what should i do in the follwing case ?
                  Thanks

Comment

whenever i press "send" button in "Contact us" page(link) then i got this error "INET_ATON failed - host not found (smtp.iomartmail.co.uk
                    probably you should be using smtp at your domain not iomart ie mail.yourdomain.co.uk

Comment

my hosting company has sent the following email settings

pop= pop.iomartmail.com
                      smtp= smtp.iomartmail.com
                      and in advance settings: outgoing server requires authentication

and in SMTP server (online site) i have this setting
                      smtp.iomartmail.co.uk

but in our outlook setting, we are using "smtp.iomartmail.co.uk"
                      and our outlook is working fine with this setting.
                      thanks

Comment

Do a search for mail settings there is already lots of info to look at that may fix your problem. Using localhost sometimes fixes problems.

Comment

Hi Mush,

my hosting company has sent the following email settings

pop= pop.iomartmail.com
                          smtp= smtp.iomartmail.com
                          and in advance settings: outgoing server requires authentication

and in SMTP server (online site) i have this setting
                          smtp.iomartmail.co.uk
                          Should your setting in the network setup screen not be 'smtp.iomartmail.com'

When I click on your login link, it is going to 'https://www.eurocorrugatedbox.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000003.pl?SECTIONID=shop.html'. Do you have ssl switched on? If so, do you have ssl set up with your hosting company?
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracy for your reply. i checked my "Advanced Network setup". i only know is that "SSL Tab" is enabled in "Advanced Network setup"
                            so how can i check that wether my SSl is switched on or not ?
                            Thanks
                            Mush

Comment

Hi Mush,

If you only have an SSL tab then it suggests that you want the whole site to be in SSL (Settings | Business Settings | Payment & Security Tab | SSL option). If this is what you want then it would seem that there is a problem with the SSL Setup on your server. If I go to https://www.eurocorrugatedbox.co.uk/ I also get 'Page cannot be found' so it is not just when a perl script is run. I suggest that you contact your hosting company to see if you have SSL set up on your web space.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X