Prompt box height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prompt box height

My website has a prompt by every product for people to write the message they would like engraved on their glass, trophy, badge or whatever. It's only one line deep at the moment - not very user friendly. Anyone know how can I make this deeper please?See what I mean at cgaengraving.co.uk.

Have you tried.....

Change :

Code:
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />

<input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
    to.....

Code:
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />

<textarea rows="5" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
    not tested in an upload just in design view so unsure if Actinic may throw a wobble once live

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You need to do a bit more tweaking. Luckily it's already documented in the Advanced Guide. Look for Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt - page 94.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Tried that - didn't work

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        You need to do a bit more tweaking. Luckily it's already documented in the Advanced Guide. Look for Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt - page 94.
        Thanks for the tip but I tried following these instructions and although I managed to make the box bigger, it had all the code (ie size="40" etc)visible in every prompt box on the site. Took hours to get it back to how it was and don't know what to try next. I copied the code and instructions digit by digit so can only assume there is a typo in the manual. As I don't know HTML I just had to take is as read! By the way its page 108 on the new guide now.
        Any other ideas please?

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Have you tried.....

Change :

Code:

<input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
          to.....

Code:

<textarea rows="5" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
          not tested in an upload just in design view so unsure if Actinic may throw a wobble once live
          This reads slightly different to the advanced manual blurb and may well be correct, but looks like it needs all the other bits altered to match - see reply to Norman. I wish I knew HTML! But hey - I had a go! At least I managed to undo the damage I did....eventually. Back to the drawing board Mandy

Comment

The code will have been showing because of a probable coding error. Take a copy of the unaltered layout, then try the amendments again, if it fails post the code in here and we will more than likely see where you have gone wrong.

For the code to be showing, its is usually an unopened or unclosed tag.

Comment

Working...
            X