Problems following Installation of V8.04 Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems following Installation of V8.04 Patch

Following the installation of the 8.04 patch, one of my sites now becomes stuck with a window advising - 'Upgrading data base - Removing any orphan UDP records'. However four other sites upgraded ok from 8.03.

I now cannot open Actinic at all. If I stop the above activity from Task Manager, it simply opens again when I start Actinic.

Grateful any advice.
    Peter

Use the command prompt to force Actinic to open one of your other sites.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\catalog.exe <sitefoldername>

Once you have done this, create a new site and try bringing in your last working snapshot from the errant site. When this works and upgrades correctly, you can use File | Sites - Delete to get rid of the corrupt site and Rename to change the test folder to the correct sitefoldername.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You might need

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\catalog.exe /s <sitefoldername>

You need quotes around the site name if there is a space in it.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Bill, thanks for the response but no matter which site I try to force via the command prompt I get the same 'please wait' window (at least I think it is the same window - it remains empty when I start it via the command prompt).
        From D:\Program Files\Actinic v8>
        I am trying to Run - Catalog.exe/Site1

It is a long time since I used the command prompt so I hope this is correct?

Peter

Comment

Norman, thanks for the additional guidance. Entering C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\catalog.exe/s/Site1 allows the window to fill but the problems remains and is the same which ever site I try to open.
          Peter

Comment

Peter - Norman's version is correct - that is, catalog.exe followed by a space, then /s followed by a space then the foldername with no /
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill. The command worked and opened another site. I followed your guidance, created a new site and imported a previous snapshot. But this has the same problem. Both snapshots are fine in 8.03. But in 8.04 it sticks on 'Upgrading database - Removing any orphan UPD records'.

I have tried repair/compact database. It would appear that something in the database is not liked by v8.04.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

It might just be taking a very long time to run, I know that some of your sites are huge, so it might be worth leaving it to run for a couple of hours if convenient (sounds daft I know but it's worth a try). If it still doesn't complete then you will need to send your snapshot to Actinic for them to take a look at.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan, yes you are correct this site is very large. I have just left it running for 4 hours - no luck! Snapshot is on its way to Actinic. Will post the resolution when it is sorted. Regards Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X