Creating pack products from existing products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating pack products from existing products

Does anyone know of an easy way to combine products?

What I hope to do is create a pack of products which relate to the main product. For example when someone buys a boiler from us 9 time out of 10 they also buy a flue, timer and sometimes a scale inhibitor. We would like to combine all 4 products into a pack and show this as a special offer under each boiler.

Anyone know of a simple way this might be achieved?

You can add each of the pack components as Actinic components underneath the main product, associate the component with the actual product (if you want to use stock control, or have the component appear in the cart as actual product rather than an option on this one), then set the pricing model to product pricing and enter the special offer price.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply hadn't actually thought of components since I never use them... Do you think their might be a simple way to do this via a hierachal import?

Just trying to figure out really how I can do this as quickly as possible as building components for each boiler will be very labourious!

I certainly can't think of an easy way but maybe some kind of lookup..

Comment

Components can be copied to save time. Certainly less time than hierarchical import in my opinion.

Comment

You can create components using a hierachical import.

Chris

Comment

The hierarchical format for components is also very simple, just 5 or 6 fields, so if you are updating existing products you can omit the section details so your file would just contain the most basic of product details for the top level product, then the list of components. The best way to see the format is to create one in the catalog manually and then export the catalog to see how you need to enter the others.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Sounds like a plan, Jan!

Lee, because every component is different it's not just a matter of copying them, each component is dependant on the boiler which the component pack includes...

Comment

Working...
              X