Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping charges question

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone could help, I'm using version 8 and creating a store for our delicatessen business. I have added over 230 products to actinic and now need to sort out the postage for each of these.

As all of the items are different in weight / postage is there anyway to aviod having to weigh them all and create postage based on weight. I have entered Royal Mail first class and standard parcels weights into the shipping bands. We cannot just use a simple rate as our products can be a low in weight as 100g right upto 10kg plus.

Ideally what I'm looking for is the function to be able to give each product it's own postage cost the same as inputing the price, is this possible?

Any solutions / ideas gratefully accepted.

Kind Regards
    Kev Challis
    Kev Challis
    www.procutvinyl.co.uk

Kevin,

Welcome to the community!!

The best way to do this is using weights as you have already worked out...

You will have to check the shipping bands as defined by the provider you use. You can then allot weights to products in Actinic, products that do not have a weight defined will use the 'Default weight' value that you enter in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling'.

Shipping needs to be set up as follows...
    Weight Cost
    0.5 2.00
    1 3.00
    1.5 4.00
    2 5.00

Actinic will then take the weight of individual products added to the cart and work out the shipping that needs to be applied.

There is more info on this in the help files, look in 'Help | Help Topics' search for 'Calculating Shipping Charges'.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X