Merge database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge database

Hi. To reduce the space of the database, I save every 2/3 months and delete all the orders. Now my problem is that to create an also bought database, I do not have enough data on the last one. So I would like to merge all my database since one year. But some are in version 7. Is there a solution ? Perhaps merge only the table used to create the also bought database ?
    Best regards
    Didier
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

if you have a copy of designer or multiuser you could import all your backup snapshots into different sites in v8, then use the export orders feature for each site and import orders into the master site.

Comment

export orders feature for each site and import orders into the master site
      I don't think that the export orders and import orders are compatible, also import orders doesn't have an append feature, it will only overwrite.

We have done this in the past by creating a master database and importing all of the orders into that using SQL queries, it was quite tricky though.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yes I think Jan is right. I have tried to import from old database and it overwrites. So what is the use of the import orders facilities ?
        Didier
        www.supreme.fr

Comment

The import orders facility is a very useful feature, it's purpose is to help you upgrade your site to a new version, you can continue to collect orders on your older version while you complete the upgrade and redesign any bits you want to, then when the new site is ready to go live, you can import the orders from your old site and start to download orders from that site.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I don't think that the export orders and import orders are compatible,
            are you saying i can;t export orders from site1 and import them into site2?

also import orders doesn't have an append feature, it will only overwrite.
            it might be nice to have an append feature added to the wish list

The import orders facility is a very useful feature, it's purpose is to help you upgrade your site to a new version, you can continue to collect orders on your older version while you complete the upgrade and redesign any bits you want to, then when the new site is ready to go live, you can import the orders from your old site and start to download orders from that site.
            if this is its only purpose then its quite limiting. Say for example you spend 3 months developing your new site, you might just as well use the design snapshot feature, coz you can then bring both products and orders into the new site - which infact is what you have to do toimport any orders pre v8. Ie you can not yet export orders only from v7 to go into v8. youcan only do 8 to 8 andhopefully will be able to do 8 to 9 in the future.

Comment

On version 8, I have imported orders from my version 7. Now I have all the orders that I had in the version 7, but I loose all the orders I had in version 8.
              Is there a way to merge 2 or 3 databases from version 7, to read the result database into version 8, and use it for "also bought" table ?
              Didier
              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Jo,

are you saying i can;t export orders from site1 and import them into site2?
                The export orders command will produce 5 CSV files containing the order details, the import orders works with an Actinic database, so you can transfer orders from site1 to site2 but no by using the export orders feature. Also it will only work if tax, payment methods etc are identical on site1 and site2.

if this is its only purpose then its quite limiting.
                I agree that it is a limited feature but it is also useful.

Stonda,

There is no way to merge orders from different databases provided as part of the Actinic program at the moment, you would have to merge them using SQL in Microsoft access or some other bespoke method.

Regards,

Comment

The export orders command will produce 5 CSV files containing the order details
                  ah well thats when i confess to not reading the documentation and assuming if there was an import feature there would be a corresponding export feature (on the File Menu).

I do think a choice of append as well as overwrite would be extremely useful though - I'll add it to the wishlist

Comment

Forgot to say before that you can import orders from any version of Actinic into V8, including V8, it's not just for V7 to V8.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                    X