Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Permutation Tab in Components

Hi All,

I'm a new user to V.8 and am setting up a new site using the executive layout and am in the process of adding products.

For the first time I am trying to add components to a product with different sizes and these to have stock control using hidden products. As far as the example site shows I should see a permutations tab when adding a component but when I go back to the building site it does not appear....

In the components details window are the tabs |General|Prices|Properties|Layout|

While in the example site there is
    |General|Prices|Permutation|Properties|Layout|

Is there some menu where I need to activate the tab?

Chris
    www.brolliesgalore.co.uk - An umbrella for you and umbrellas for everyone!
    www.stickandcaneshop.co.uk - Walking Sticks and Canes of every shape and size
    www.umbrellaboutique.co.uk - Designer umbrellas and parasols
    www.wedding-umbrellas.co.uk - Chrysalin Wedding and Bridal Umbrellas and Parasols **Trade Only**

What is there on your component to permutate?

example
    Component - size
    Attribute - colour
    Choices - yellow, blue, red
    Attribute - size
    Choices - 1, 2, 3

Back to component
    Premutations tab - once filled
    yellow 1, yellow 2, yellow 3, blue 1, blue 2, blue 3, red 1, red 2, red 3
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You will only get the permutations tab if you have an attribute defined for your component, the tab is hidden until then.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Bill

I obviously did not enter enough for the tab to appear!

I've now entred the following
        example
        Component - selection
        Attribute - colour
        Choices - purple, pink, black, blue
        Attribute - size
        Choices - 14, 16

And are now showing in a drop down menu together and linked to the relevent hidden products, which looks good to me, except, I have now got the following error showing.

Please choose your size and colour. Error: Drop-down permutation lists only work with a single attribute within a component.

So I take it that I've got to create a component for every attribute?

Component - colour selection
        Attribute - colour
        Choices - purple, pink, black, blue

Component - size selection
        Attribute - size
        Choices - 14, 16

But how do I link these to the hidden stock - if I have a purple size 16 and a purple 14 which do I link the purple choice to? keeping in mind I need to have each different product with stock monitoring.

Having one component and two attributes made sense to me...

Christine
        www.wedding-umbrellas.co.uk - Chrysalin Wedding and Bridal Umbrellas and Parasols **Trade Only**

Comment

Christine,

Sorry - if you mentioned dropdown selectors in the initial post, I missed it.

As the error message says, there can only be one Attribute if you want to use a dropdown selector.
          I would use radiobuttons, with the number of columns set according to the number of choices on the size attribute.

So you would have
          Colour
          Choice Choice Choice
          Size
          Choice Choice Choice Choice Choice

To control purple size 16 and purple size 14, and red size 16 and red size 14, you need a main (hidden) product for each one of the possible permutations, then you link each permutation to its own 'main' item.

Quite a lot of work to do in the initial setup, but if many products have the same options, you can copy and paste the components from one to the others, then adjust colours/sizes within each product.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks Again Bill,
            All lookings good now - The radio buttons will even stop the whole 'wrong selection choosen due to mouse scroll' issue I have on my other site!

One wee last question:
            If a certain selection (say black, size 14) is out of stock will it show up as being out of stock or will it still let customers add it to their basket?

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by umbrella girl
              will it show up as being out of stock or will it still let customers add it to their basket?
              It will not show up as out of stock and a customer can add it to their basket - but THEN they will get a message that that combination is not valid (you can change the wording - but only on a site wide basis) when they try to checkout.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                you can change the wording - but only on a site wide basis
                Just incase I need to change the wording - where about can it be changed?

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...+have+selected has the answer
                  Bill

Comment

Grand - Your a star

Christine

Comment

Working...
                    X