Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic with Blogger.com feed

Hi all

Ive been reading through threads about having blogs on an actinic brochure page using iframes for example, has anyone got any neat suggestion now that we can harness the power of v8's PHP intergration?

I'd love to put together a little Blogger.com with Actinic v8 tutorial (once I get how to do it!)

regards

0ad

Actinic php works on your desktop only, not on the live site. The php is processed as the pages are built and the resulting static html page is uploaded to the site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Just a thought; and this is untried!

Create a new Brochure layout based on the one you are working with.
      Replace the relevent code, depending where you wish to have the Blog, with an iframe.
      Refer the iframe to a file external to Actinic, say, a layer above.
      ie. ../blogpage.htm
      Put all the Blog content in blogpage.htm.

I'll try that out when I have a bit of time, but it doesn't seem difficult.

Comment

oppps! I bought v8 thinking that it ran online php, doh. iframes i'll try, some kind of javascript thing i'm gonna try too. I'll post my results here.

cheers gents.

0ad

Comment

i used this rss parser in the end, it works great by pasting the js script into my brochure page: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ybox/index.htm

look ma, no frames =)))

Comment

Roger was suggesting an <iframe> which does not carry the associated nastiness of a traditional <frame set> and would not add to the page code bloat like a script does.

Always more than one way to skin a goat and you have it working and that is the main thing.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X