Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple product image variables

Hi
    I've been asked to set up a site by a client to advertise villas in spain. They want to be able to add new villas, take deposits and display several images with each villa.
    I can probably get to grips with adding new variables for rooms, location etc. but how can I set up the website to allow them to load multiple images for each villa.
    I can probably set up a sample product (villa) and get them to copy and alter it for each new villa, but is it possible to display multiple images?

Ideally what I would like to have are multiple image buttons under the general tab in the product detail section.

I'm sure this must have come up before but I don't want my client to have to hack the code every time they want to add another image.

Thanks
    David

I've done an add-on that allows you to have several images per product. These are displayed as icons and the main image changes when you mouseover or click the icon.

It's easy for the client to use as all you need to do is populate some extra image variables. The icons and control code is automatically created.

Demo on http://www.drillpine.biz/v8multiprod...tproducts.html and brief details on http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, the samples look pretty good and this should do what I want.

As I said in my original post, I was thinking of setting up a sample villa and have them copy and modify it when they wanted to add a new property to the site.

Could you give me brief explanation of what the client would have to do to to modify the images?

Thanks
      david

Comment

Using my patch they'd have to create up to 6 additional images. These don't need to be the same size or aspect ratio as the main image as the patch will sort this for you.

They then look in the Product / Details / Properties where there's a new group called Extra Images. This has 6 entries for ExtraImage1 through 6. All they need to do there is click the Browse option and select the image they want to use. A small icon will be created and will appear as soon as they do that.

If they want to, there are also variables called ExtraImage1-6 Alt Text, where they can add some description for these icons.

For advanced users there are extra optional Variables that let you alter the look and feel.

Comment

Update. To allow for unskilled users, I've added to this patch so that it automatically resizes the extra images to match the main product ones dimensions. Borders are added to preserve the aspect ratio if needed.

Comment

Hi.I would like to purchase this add onn please email me ASAP
            http://www.gracefashionshop.com

Comment

Merline

Just emailed you but it bounced back "domain name system error: host gracefashionshop.com: mail exchanger has no ip addresses".

Message repeated below:-

This patch for V7 is Donationware (i.e. you should pay something if you find
              it useful). You can download it from
              http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ - just look down the page for the
              image of swimming goggles and click the "patch" link below the goggles.

Note that the V8 version of this patch is MUCH more useful and is easier to
              use.

Comment

Hi Norman. I'm still interested by the way but I'm waiting to hear back from the client. All goes well, I'll be in touch.

Comment

Hi, David

I've updated this patch since you first asked. It now means that you don't have to worry about the size or aspect ratio of the extra images. The patch now creates new optimally sized icons and replacement image automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel

Note that the V8 version of this patch is MUCH more useful and is easier to
                    use.
                    I purchased Normal's multiple product images patch a few weeks back and as a Actinic beginner I can report that it is very easy to set up and works a treat!

Comment

Working...
                    X