Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundles / Hidden Components - How!

Hi

I'm new to Actinic and creating a new site in V8, I have a basic understanding of Products, Components, Attributes & Choices, but I don't seem to be able to use those to create a 'Bundle' of different products with a single price, single quantity box, no selections, etc, that hopefully links back to the stock levels of the original products.

I want to create something like this:

http://www.mad4ponies.com/acatalog/m...arty_sets.html

The penny has now dropped on how to create the bundle, I was trying to put the multiple products within one Component / Attribute and was getting very confused around the single line in the permutation table. For reference what I have now done is within the bundle product created a separate Component, Attribute and Choice for each product in the bundle. Then In each Component I can link the one choice back to the original product.

What I now need to do is remove the listings of the components and drop down choice boxes etc from the rendered page. I think I need something like 'hidden components' but I cant figure it out? Maybe a 'Component Layout' of 'Hidden' ?

As always 'it's easy when you know how' so all help appreciated.

Thanks
    Kev

Managed to make it a bit simpler, as I have found you can do a 1-1 mapping directly between a component and an 'associated product', but I still get a one line entry in the web page for each component.....

Comment

and finally managed to remove that one line entry by creating a Component Layout; 'No Layout' option of:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentDisplayLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
      	<!--KW <br />-->
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e">
         <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e">checked="checked"</actinic:block> />
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e">
         <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" />
      <!--KW <Actinic:Variable Name="ComponentDisplayLabel"/> -->
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29">
      	<actinic:variable name="ComponentAttributeList" />
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29%20AND%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29">
      	<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
      Last edited by KevWal; 05-Feb-2007, 03:54 PM. Reason: Added code tags as requested

Comment

wow! can you edit that post and stick the code in between

[ code ] and [ /code ] without the spaces - I did not know it was possible to scroll so far right
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X