Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE !!! Missing brochure pages

Hi guys/girls

Please can someone help i have noticed 2 of my products are missing off the product list on the home page. These products have a lot of sub sctions with products etc.

They are still there in the database and all the prices etc..etc.. are still there i have even checked the Prieview HTML files and all the pages are there.

How can i get these 2 missing products back on the home page. They have not been deleted or anythink like that so its a mystery.

Thanks Keith

Have you selected to hide them by mistake?

Comment

Dont think so as i cant see them listed in the content tree or should i be looking elsewhere ??

Keith

Comment

To be honest Keith, i'm finding it a little hard to decipher what your problem is.

You say that that you have products with many subsections - that makes no sense to me as it's sections that have subsections. Can you possibly provide a url with the problem and maybe a screenshot showing what you have, so that i can understand.

On each product there is a chance to select to hide it from the website and there is also an option to hide a section from your website. You may have inadvertantly selected these if i have understood correctly.

Cheers

Comment

You say they haven't been deleted yet they're not in the content tree. How do you know they haven't been deleted then? Do you mean you can only see the products by looking inside the Actinic database with Access. Have you been modifying anything in the database?

I think you should snapshot the site and then restore a backup.

Comment

OK here goes again

Two sections are missing from the online catalog

However all the HTML files and working ok if i view them direct from the HTML preview folder they all work fine by connecting to the products and prices etc.. This is the only way i know all the contect is there that i have input.

But back in the actinic software these two sections are missing from the online catalog tree.

Even if i press the button at the top to preview offline they are still not there doing it this way, as i have said only by going to the HTML preview folder can you get it to work.

Its like the main index page is incorrect,

I could input them again but it will take a long long time which is what i am trying to avoid

Keith

Comment

I would forget the preview html and concentrate within the software itself. If you have 2 sections that used to be there, but are not now, then i would work on the basis that you have deleted them by mistake.

Options:

1 - use the preview html to recreate these pages, i.e. copy the text etc. or use the pages on your website (if it is live).

2 - restore a previous snapshot where they will have been evident and go from there.

3 - if you have no snapshot, then start taking one regularly, this is the most important thing to do IMO. For this instance you will have to revert to point 1.

Comment

Very odd Keith - sounds like something may have gone astry in the database.

Firstly I would export the products and check in excel that the products are in the export. Then snapshot the site and restore a backup and import the earlier export which would hope fully get you back to where you are now in terms of data entry.

Comment

Ok

I have checked a database back up and the missing sections are there in a previous one, the only problem is since this back up i have install many new prducts etc..

So i am in catch 22.

What i was wondering is there any way to import the missing sections/products etc.. into the more recent database.

I dont mind editing the MDB file using excel to do this. I would of course save the original MDB files in case things went wrong.

If this is possible can you tell which parts of the MDB file i would need to look at and change??

Thanks
                  Keith

Comment

THEORETICALLY, you could import the snapshot containing said products into actinic, and do an export to hierarcial.

then reimport the snapshot with the mising products,

then import the hierarcical file using update - not replace

This is untested, please backup and fully research before taking this option

Comment

Thanks a million

That worked fine.

Just wondering how you can place all your product and prices in alphabetical and numerical order ??

I know mole end have a plugin for this but there is a charge i was wondering if there is awy to do this in actinic ?? How can i re arrange my catalog in alphabetical order??

Thanks Keith

Comment

Not possible as far as i know Keith, if it was it would be a bit crazy to sell something that comes for free with the software.

Comment

Working...
                        X