Licensing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing question

I've just finished my first Actinic site (Done with V8 Designer) but this is my own site so i will need to activate a 'catalog client' license to process the orders. I have a copy of it but can i activate it from within Designer ?
    The site is http://www.winesandhampers.co.uk
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Try going to design - designer options and enable order download

Comment

I don't have that appearing as an option under Designer Options. i am running the latest version too.
      Richard Gosler
      Dorset, UK

Comment

I think you will need to install the Client Catalog version on a second/different computer. You might want to talk to Actinic Sales about returning your Designer and Client versions and replacing both with one copy of Business Multi-site - especially if you want to run several sites while also designing yet more sites for others.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I think you will need to install the Client Catalog version on a second/different computer
          This is the best way I have found - I have designer and maintain my own website with it but download the orders using client on another PC.

Comment

By default, Actinic creates a folder called 'Actinic' within 'program files'. Could I create a seperate folder within 'program files' for it?
            Richard Gosler
            Dorset, UK

Comment

Sorry, but that will not work. One PC one Actinic full version installation (the folder is Actinic v8). If you managed to install something to /myActinicFolder/ then the original path to Actinic v8 for the other install would have been overwritten making that unusable.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X