ie7 certificate error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ie7 certificate error

Using oneandone with dedicated ssl, my websites now show a certificate error and the red bar at the top if you choose to continue. Anyone else getting this. If you havent tried your sites I suggest you do as IE6 and firefox have no problems. This is going to be a killer for sales now vista is launched and ie7 is becoming an automatic download for most people. Any help would be fantastic.
    My sites
    www.bedsbbq.co.uk
    www.weberbarbeque.co.uk
    One on actinic and another on different software so not actinic problem.

Mick,

Both sites work fine for me, IE7 WIn XP

What is the actual wording of the error message you are getting?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Originally posted by mickebbs
      on different software so not actinic problem.
      a little bit cheeky even posting the address in this forum.

Only problem I saw on the Actinic site (weber) was a secure/insecure item warning when I left the secure area using the cancel button.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes i suppose it could be seen as cheeky but it was just to demonstrate teh problem wasnt actinic related. As it is you dont seem to have the problem. This is seen under Vista IE7 so maybe it is a vista problem. Out of interest, the hsbc payments website is showing exactly the same behaviour. I will reboot in XP and see if I can recreate.
        Thanks for the info.
        Actual wording is:
        The certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority. This problem may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send on the server. We recommend that you close this webpage.

So you can see how concerning this problem is.

Comment

It seems the problem was with kapersky internet suite and not ie7 after all. Sorry for the bother but thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X