Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Related Products in Hierarchical Import File - where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Products in Hierarchical Import File - where?

I want to be able to import a product, plus a list of its related products, via an hierachical file...

So - I've tried manually creating some related products lists in a small testbed, then exporting to a hierarchical file and trying to find out how it placed the related products alongside their 'owners'.

But I couldn't find them in the export file!

I've looked in the help, now I am seeking professional help - please folks - does anyone know whether it's possible or do related product list sHAVE to be done manually/interactively???

Thanks... for nothing

OK - so it can't be done!

(i guess thats why I've had no answer...)

Shame tho' - is this just the thin end of the wedge tho'?

Is it becoming too much of a pain to incorporate brilliant new Actinic features into the import file?

Please don't let this be so as we here think that hierchical importing of data is crucial and gives us the most flexibility - especially when dealing with customers who have their data in poorly supported databases.

So we would fully appreciate any efforts on Actinics part to continue enhance the capabilities of the import file formats to accomodate improvements to the functionality and scope of Actinic...

Comment

Felix,

Not sure what gave you the impression that every member of the community should have dropped whatever they were currently working on to experiment and comment on your desire?

Actinic tend NOT to jump on fresh postings - they give the community a day or two to see how they do first. If you want Actinic to pick up on this thread, leave it dormant till Monday. If you want a professional to dedicate his/her time to your problem, you may need to consider a commercial agreement.

The main reason for getting no answer is that no-one has done it before, and none of the usual suspects has 'lets try this' time available.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I apologise...

I am sorry - no slight was intended at all so please don't be offended by my ingracious title...

I should point out we do have have a commercial agreement - I just wanted to spare the support staff having to deal with me on the phone.

Lastly, but not least, I think this forum is one of the very best I have come across for any piece of software. There's clearly a HUGE amount of expertise being shared and I would be loath to upset any of the contributers with my niave and juvenile comments.

I'll be good now, promise

Comment

I should point out we do have have a commercial agreement - I just wanted to spare the support staff having to deal with me on the phone.
          Yep but don't forget this community is not part of the commercial agreement. If you have purchased cover then you should phone support to get the cover you have paid for.

The responses in this community are largely by other actinic users (on a voluntary basis), actinic staff only drop in to pick up on daily happenings - they do not expect to do front line support here.

Back to your original Q - Have you checked the documentation in the Help files re hierarcical import?
          I did, and could not find any reference in there to any defined fields for related products - thus my conclusion is you probably can't - but I do not know this for a fact, so my recommendation would be to phone support and ask, and then report back here so we all know for the future.

Comment

I should point out we do have have a commercial agreement - I just wanted to spare the support staff having to deal with me on the phone
            As said by the others if you or anyone else is paying for support then that should be your first port of call especially if you are a commercial design company. I have said this many times before but still people have the impression that this forum is Actinic support - it is not.

Comment

Definitive Answer: Can't be done

That's official - I have it direct from Actinic Support.

Now, let me see where that Wish List thread is...

Comment

Working...
              X