X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a new product errors :(

every new product i add i get this same error

http://www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/NB...1_-_BS932.html

Use the bottom product called (test) every other products works.

I've tried manually refeshing the website,

along with the normal refereshing can some one please help

James

this is the error

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The specified product (reference 0012) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/ number 1 for for o-rings, rubber seals, rubber cords. In Viton NBR and silicone.
    Cuddle And Carry, Baby Slings Wraps Ringslings Pouches and Carriers
    http://www.oringen.eu/ O-Ringen Rubber Koord Uitegdreven Profielen in Nitrile (NBR) Viton.

Hi James,

This can happen if the particular product is a duplicate of an original that is in a deleted section but did not get deleted somehow. Could also be caused if there is a large amount of data marked for deletion (red X mark on it) but not purged from the site.

Have you tried going into 'Help | Troubleshooting' and using the 'Website Purge and refresh' option? If you have and it has not worked then you will need to force a manual refresh, following is how to do it.

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat and .fil files within your /acatalog/ folder

4. On your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat and .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Now refresh your website. If this too does not work then I would suggest raising a support ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that a member of the support team can take a look at this for you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I also had this problem and had a lot of content that I deleted over the weekend but hadn't purged yet (in case I'd deleted soemthing by mistake). Anyway I did the content purge and it solved the problem, so thanks, Bruce.

Jane
      Jane Thurnell-Read
      200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Sorry for sounding a bit thick. But how do you do points 1 and 2 on Bruce's list.

I have this problem where the new products i have added keep coming up with the same error message as above.

I have purged the content and uploaded it again but hasnt worked.

Comment

Originally posted by bladders
          Sorry for sounding a bit thick. But how do you do points 1 and 2 on Bruce's list.

I have this problem where the new products i have added keep coming up with the same error message as above.

I have purged the content and uploaded it again but hasnt worked.
          you need to find the person who designed and uploaded the site originally. they can help you use ftp. you'll need your server address, usernames and passwords.

Comment

Working...
          X