Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page titles empty but being generated

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with page titles in Actinic v8.

If the page title is empty in the 'Page Details' tab for a section, the page title is being generated by Actinic.

At present my title code is (actinic code to follow):
    <title>
    if (PageType != "Section")
    PageType - StoreName
    end if
    if (PageType == "Section")
    if (PageTitle == "") -notitle-
    SectionName - CompanyName
    end if
    if (PageTitle != "") -withtitle-
    PageTitle
    end if
    end if

Code:
    <title>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22" >
    	<actinic:variable name="PageType" /> - <actinic:variable name="StoreName" />
    </actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" >
    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" > no title
    		<actinic:variable name="SectionName" /> - <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />
    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" > title
    		<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" />
    </title>
    The problem is that with or without a title in the 'Page Details' tab, the text -withtitle- is displayed. With the title being empty then it is shown in a page preview as the store name followed by the section name.

Does anyone have any solutions that i could try please?
    www.1pcs.co.uk - Web Design and Search Engine Optimisation
    Web Design Northampton

Hi Duncan

The condition's that you've set seems to be causing the text to appear and for some reason the condition within condition format does not seem to apply in the correct way. If that bit of text "With Title" is there only for guidance then the way to make it not appear is by commenting it out by using <!-- ... --> .
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Working...
    X