A General Script Error Occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks, i have one stinker of a problem here, i have 5 sites running of the same server of mine, got a problem with the checkout page, 2 work fine, 3 return this error, i have tried everything i know from re - doing the site, refreshing, deleting and re setting iis with new folders etc etc but just cant seem to find the problem at all can anyone help, here is the error code,
    i suspect it might be the server, but im not sure at all
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Can't locate ab000001.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib . cgi-bin cgi-bin cgi-bin cgi-bin) at (eval 1) line 1.

Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.,

Thanks Robert,

Is each site running with a different script ID number? They need to be.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi

Thats a good question, the answer upon investigation is:

Scri[t ID
      1 - Error
      2 - Fine
      5 - Error
      3 - Fine
      1 - Error

so i have obviously got 2 on the same script,

i never knew that i had to have them on different scripts, it does make commonsense when i think about it,

i have changed one of the ID's "1 ID" code to "random" 14 and uploaded to see if there is any difference, and - "im waiting at this moment back in a few minutes...... Thanks

Comment

General Script Error

I have tried altering the script id but this does not give any resolution to the matter, i just dont seem to be able to get to the bottom of the matter, if i set up a new actinic on another computer with the sames details script id ftp etc etc etc it works fine this leads me to think that it is this site1 folder, that has some corruption or something, does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

robert

Comment

General Script Error

one thing i have noticed is that the website is not generating that specific script that the website is looking for,

Robert

Comment

If you copied the simple search generated code (to get quick search on a page where it is not usually avaialble, for example) and at the time that referred to script ID 1, then your hand coded call to script ID 1 would still exist even if you subsequently changed the site script ID in the Network Settings.

The ab script should be in the relevant cgi-bin folder along with all the others.

Would recommend a Housekepping Compact Databases, choose both, followed by purge and refresh on the site where you changed the ID number - that cgi-bin will contain both the old 000001 and the new 000014 scripts. It is also worthwhile doing the same on the other two error sites 000001 and 000005.

if compact purge and refresh does not solve the problem then you need to check the ID 5 and ID 14 error sites for hand coded references to the xx000001.pl script and change that to the same ID that the site is using.
            Last edited by wjcampbe; 05-Feb-2007, 06:36 AM. Reason: missing by
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for your help,

i have managed to resolve the matter now

Thanks

Robert

Comment

would you tell us how you resolved this issue, it may prove useful to someone else in the future

Comment

"Checkout" general Script Error

Hi Folks

the resolution was to do the following,

i started a fresh site and then set the perl script to the following ID14 which was far different from the others i had, i set it up, did a refresh of the site, removed any files on ther server, then did a snapshot of the old site and imported it into the new site then copied the picture files into the new site 1 folder, then hid all sections updated the site then unhid section a couple at a time and then updated, because our site is so big it takes hour's to upload all at once. and it will just time-out, so i do it in stages, im running windows Vista 64 Bit, so i was wondering if that was the problem initially obviously it is not. (for those who are asking it was a nightmare to set up on this computer and i did have alot of problems with things dissapearing from the orders page but once i solved that its fine,

Thanks

Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X