Layout Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout Problem

I was just messing about with page layouts and i accidently deleted something and now none of my brochure pages or their fragments are showing, how do i reset this or make them show again?

Have you been doing regular backups?

I know it's pretty obvious, but I do a quick backup every hour or so.
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

Go to the library find the layout that you have bust and revert to standard.

Comment

how do i know what layout it is? its the basic page for brochure i think but ive no idea which one this is in the library?

Comment

Before searching you can tick the box at the bottom of the library pop-up to highlight edited layouts to make tracking a little easier.

You can also see the layouts in use when in design mode under the design tree tab

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I refreshed the factory settings for the layout used and still no joy, ive added an attatchment of what the problem is, i have information in the brochure pages but they just arent showing
            Attached Files

Comment

refreshed the factory settings for the layout used and still no joy
              Its not the correct one then. Try resetting them all back to factory settings. If it works then take a snapshot and take snapshots at regular intervals so you can easily go back to a previous design stage

Comment

Looks to me like you've removed reference to

<Actinic:Variable Name="INNERLAYOUT"/>

If this is happening on brochure, section and product pages that would be my guess. But with the information you can provide it is difficult.

If it is that you've just lost that reference it would be easy to rectify.

In layout view (outer layout) type INNERLAYOUT (somehwere in the body of the page) and apply. If you see the content you know your okay and just need to find the right place to copy the reference to which willl probably be somehwere between a couple of empty <td> tags.

regards
                bangers
                Boxhedge New Media Design
                Design and development solutions for SME's.
                Tel: 0118 966 2786
                Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

Comment

I refreshed all the variables within the "web page outter layout" including the one called "Works best with Executive Brochure pages" which appeared to be the one in use, but still not showing

Comment

I have solved the layout problem, it was a problem with the Brochure Fragment List Layout, i changed this to Bare Brochure Fragment List and it all re-appeared. Strange

Comment

Working...
                    X