Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Including Files

Hi there,

I have read round on several topics and can't seem to get a solution.

I want to include a file of navigation links which will be different for each specified layout. I would usually use a php server side include (SSI) on a "normal site" but obviously I know Actinic runs in html and cgi. I do not run on a unix server so cannot use the .htaccess method (or I have tried it on Zeus web server and it doesn't work to be precise).

The reason I am doing this is I want a different template for each main section (a la' Amazon) and I only want to display relevant sub section links. These will be manually coded into the SSI each time a section is added.

Help please - I'm tearing my hair out!!

Thanks
    Neil

Any ideas please guys!

Comment

If you are intending using different side panel content for each section, and you are going to create them for each anyway, then I would go down the path of creating a standard layout (with your default menu structure) and then all of the other layouts with your altered structures.

Make sure that they are added to the outter layout with an appropriate selector, with availability on site and section level, then you can select the default for all pages, and then assign at the section levels the differing layouts (possibly)...

Not got time to say exactly how this is achieved, as it can get complicated, but custom creation of layouts to position, using a custom selector ability should do it.

Comment

Thanks for the answer but I'm afraid it went a bit over my head.

As a work around I have changed the file extension of pages created by Actinic to .php and just added a php include as normal.

Seems to be working ok so far so fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
        X