Actinic SSL Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic SSL Advice

Ok ive just bought the Fasthosts SSL folder and realised my mistake straight away, i must upload my whole site to its 10 meg folder when my site is over 700 meg due to all the images.

So what does Actinic SSL provide? is their a limit like Fasthosts? must i upload my whole site into 1 folder? does it just secure the checkout section?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Not sure if I am going down the wrong path but...

as far as I am aware, on shared SSL your TLD is secure on a shared certificate.

When you upload your site with document related links as opposed to absolute all is hunky dory as your images et al will all be called without an error message.

I 'think' Actinic works on this principle that is the sames as our shared ssl. Your only restriction is of course your pack size.

HTH
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

So what does Actinic SSL provide
      It operates only on the credit card info page. The customer is passed to Actinic SSL at the stage that they enter thier credit card details.

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/sssl.htm

Comment

Ok it now appears i can have part of my site in the SSL folder in Fasthosts and the images in the normal folders of my website, but what settings do i need? i honestly havent a clue, ive managed to get the site working by uploading everything into the SSL folder but theirs an option to split the two, how do i do it?

Comment

how do i do it?
          You do a search on the forum as I have just done and found the answer.

Comment

then y didnt u save me having to look on this occasion by putting the link to the particular thread in here?

Comment

Because YOU should to do a search first before posting. I took the effort to tell you that the answer was there. Next time I wont answer your posts.

Comment

i havent a clue what im looking for, that is the reason i post my questions

Comment

Originally posted by mikehextall
                  i havent a clue what im looking for, that is the reason i post my questions
                  Whats wrong with Fasthosts SSL

Comment

everything so far

Comment

I was not asking you a question Use the term "Fasthosts SSL" to search on. .

Comment

Originally posted by mikehextall
                        Ok it now appears i can have part of my site in the SSL folder in Fasthosts and the images in the normal folders of my website, but what settings do i need? i honestly havent a clue, ive managed to get the site working by uploading everything into the SSL folder but theirs an option to split the two, how do i do it?
                        Hi

As stated in the original reply, try linking using the 'document-relative path' ie

images/your_picture

instead of the 'absolute' path ie

http://www.yourTLD.com/images/your_picture

By using the DR path, all images displayed within the secure page will by default display without error.

If you use the absolute path EVERY IMAGE is being called from outside the secure environment and if you wish to display it on a secure page, the error message will display.

This works in 99% of all our cases (cannot quote 100%, trading standards may be watching )

HTH
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                        X