Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment Layout

Hi

I'm trying to create a layout where a fragment is aligned to the left of either my section links and products. To illustrate what I mean I've attached a simple graphic.

I've managed to achieve this type of layout in version 7, by cutting up the various elements of the HTML and bringing them back together through custom fragment and product templates. But I wondered whether the same effect might be achieved more efficiently using Lists in V8?

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Anthony
    Attached Files
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

Hi there.

If the only content item within that section is a single fragment, then it should be quite simple to do this.
    1. Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and go to the 'Web Page Inner Layout' group
    2. Right-click on the 'Standard Section Page' layout and select 'New Layout'.
    3. Call this new layout something like 'Alternative Section Page Design'
    4. Now edit this layout and find a way of displaying the 'ProductList' layout selector to the left of the 'SubSectionListTop' layout selector. Whether you use floats or table cells is up to you.
    5. Then you can select this layout within the 'Layout' tab of any section where you want a fragment to the left of the section list.
    This will get the basic architecture in place. You'll need to edit the column count for the section links, and use an 'Image Only' layout for the fragments, but this should get you there.

Comment

You should be able to use any style of fragment layout not just the image only version - if the fragment is CSS inside its own wrapper and floated any subsequent elements will align from the top of the element downward.

You would need to edit out all the <table> code from the SectionList layout, wrap it all into a container with a margin-left to clear the fragment and the set a clear:both to the bottom of the section layout to allow the rest of the page to be displayed correctly (footers etc)

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X