Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx V2.22

Hi All

OK i have just asked PROTX to set up 3D secure on my account and wondered if anyone else is using it and have they had any problems?

Did anyone see a growth in sales or drop
    Has anyone experienced any bugs

And of course as i do not have any 3D secure cards but wondered what normally happens when you checkout.

Cheers
    Darren

Darren,

This one might be helpful... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16196 a search for 'protocol v2.22' should provide some more.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

I do not have any issues i was just gauging what people think and as i have never used the 3D as i do not have a card with it, or do not know if i have a card with it, i just wopndered what actually happens when you use a site with this

Cheers
      Darren
      ps already read the thread

Comment

Hi Darren,

I provided a link in-case someone else pop's alone and see's this thread.

Have a nice weekend !!!
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

It didn't seem right to start a new thread on my question when it might be useful to add clarification to this existing thread. So here goes.

I'm using version 8.04 and also looking to get 3D secure setup on Protx. It states that we need to be on version 2.22 but OCCProtx... has embedded the version as 2.2.

Protx also state that a small change to version 2.22 is needed for VSP Form users to enable 3D secure express which is rolling out soon.

I can't find any downloads for 2.22. Can you clarify whether 2.2 is actually 2.22 and should I change the value to 2.22 in the OCCProtx... file for compatability?

Thanks

Comment

According to earlier threads 2.22 was introduced with V705 so it will be included in V8xx.

If Darren misses this post you may wish to ask him directly (Darren B) if he had to make changes to any files as Protx infer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              And of course as i do not have any 3D secure cards but wondered what normally happens when you checkout.
              After you have entered your card details, Protx will forward you to you bank's website, where you will be requested to enter a previously agreed password to confirm it's actually you using the card. Once this is confirmed as ok you will be returned to the Protx payment page. It does mean one extra screen is added to the checkout process, but I think as more people become familiar with it they appreciate the additional security it offers both for customer and merchant. It's the online equivalent of chip'n'pin. Protx are making it complusory in June for international Maestro cards, and is likely to include domestic Maestro cards soon after, so if you don't have it you won't be able to accept Maestro cards online.

To me the real beauty of it is no more chargebacks, as these are borne by the bank if you have applied 3D secure to the transaction.
              Brian
              www.flowergallery.co.uk
              Same day flower delivery to UK
              Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
              International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Thanks Duncan/Brian.

I found buried in the file the following line:

$sHiddenValues .= "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"VPSProtocol\" VALUE=\"2.22\">\n";

I guess this means it's version 2.22. What's confusing is the header has version as 2.2 not 2.20 or 2.22.

Given that it's passing 2.22 over to Protx then it will be fine.

In terms of going for 3D Secure I am keen to understand whether it will impact customers on what is already a lengthly checkout process in Actinic as discussed by people in the past.

One of the other key benefits for this is that Preauth will be phased out soon by Protx in favour of Authenticate and Authorise which offers the same 30 days to process but is only available to 3D Secure payments.

Comment

If Darren misses this post you may wish to ask him directly (Darren B) if he had to make changes to any files as Protx infer.
                  I have not set it up yet and am sure no changes need to be made.

After you have entered your card details, Protx will forward you to you bank's website, where you will be requested to enter a previously agreed password to confirm it's actually you using the card..............
                  Thanks for that Brian seems simple enough, i like the idea of no charge backs
                  The way i understand is that it tells you if the customer fails to use 3D but what does it do if the customer does not have it, is it a different message.

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X