Web Fusion help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Fusion help

Having read the forums i have decided to switch from Fasthosts to Web Fusion, however i cannot get my head round a few things, ive transferred my domains to Web Fusion but whats all this mapping about and why does it cost 30 quid, does that mean i cant gain access to each domain until ive paid 30 pound a time, please some give me some advice because im feeling a bit let down.

Are you on a reseller account?

Comment

Yes i am Lee

Comment

Thats standard then, for each domain you have registered with them that goes through your reseller account, you are charged £25 + vat annually. Its their way of getting an additional income as the money the reseller account costs you in relation to the possibility of hosting hundreds of sites would never be sensible. For each domain you host with them, you are charged £30, whatever you charge someone on top of this is what you make as profit.

Comment

well thats a bit of a swine aint it

Comment

Not at all, it's a bargain.

Comment

i disagree because if i want to register 10 domains with fasthosts it costs nothing apart from the 50 quid monthly charge

if i want to register 10 domains with web fusion it will cost 300 quid aswell as the 26 quid monthly charge

Comment

Fasthosts is 50 quid a month and it doesn't work with Actinic. Are you sure there are no additional charges?

Have a look round what hosting an actinic site with 10GB bandwidth could cost you - in the region of £600 - 700, with your account you can do it for 30 quid a year AND have unlimited bandwidth!

Comment

yes but we have many other sites that need transfering all of which will cost us and not the customer

Comment

You was never advised to buy a reseller account, you could easily keep your fasthosts reseller account and host your actinic site with webfusion as a one off, just through their normal service.

Comment

You can always go back to Fasthosts. I think the advice about hosting with webfusion you are refering to is about single hosting accounts rather than the reseller package - the two are different beasts.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehextall
                        yes but we have many other sites that need transfering all of which will cost us and not the customer
                        Don't transfer them, leave them where they are until the years hosting is up on each and then transfer them. Client is then paying not you.

Comment

Working...
                        X